When do you start thinking about Glastonbury?

Guest staggerlee

Two pages of posts this close to Christmas the question should be when do you stop thinking about Glastonbury? Mind you Christmas is the ideal time to start Glastabating to all people you come in to contact with, ''you think this is good you should come to Glastonbury'' you will be amazed at the number and age range of people that want to go but just need a nudge, or someone boring the pants off them for .... well untill mrs. freak rescues them.

Obviously being on this forum suggests that we are all thinking about Glastonbury are looking forward to getting back, however how long before the festival is it before you start making plans and getting very excited? For me it used be April when tickets were finally assured but now my minds in a mess so much time to gobut it will probably go so quickly.

Looks like to get there by coach there's going to be an entire day on the Tuesday dedicated to travelling, from about 8am to 9pm, it's going to be awful, I can't even be bothered with a 45 minute bus for gigs in Dundee, let alone a 13 hour day of travelling :rolleyes:

Well worth it for the following five days though :angry:

I really want to avoid driving - it's a very, very long journey and would rather take public transport or a liftshare.

Edited by OneLittleFish

My friends and work colleagues must be utterly sick of hearing about Glasto. It gets at least 300 mentions each day. I've developed the ability to link any subject to Glastonbury and can totally swing a non related conversation to be about Glastonbury. I actually believe I could divert the queens speech to be about Glastonbury if it was a two way conversation. There's bound to be some Glastonbury references within in. At least in my mind anyway :rolleyes: :angry:

I can't stop Youtubing Glasto performances already, and on Saturday night, I had my first Glasto anxiety dream, which usually only start about a fortnight before - oh God! I'll burst before I get there!!

It's having a ticket so early, it's great, but I've got all this time to be excited!! I can't wait already and we still have half a year to go!!

The other day in Sainsbury's , got some nice moisturising face wipes for my Glastonbury Box !

Might be a shitty December night in a souless supermarket but the Glastonbury spirit lives even there !!!

:rolleyes:

The past two years we have done this. Have had the car and it's nice to get away from the immediate area, get a shower, something substantial to eat (not to say the grub at Glasto is not, far from it!) and more importantly get a good sleep. It's a long way back up the road (you're about another 90 miles from me in Dundee aren't you?) and having done it in one before I can tell you it's not nice! It's amazing the difference between travelling feeling clean and refreshed and travelling having not washed for the best part of a week and feeling like shit! :P