John peel stage?

Guest steve....

ryan adams is a shout. i think he's more reliable than 3/4 years ago.

he's supposed to be coming back around to do the rest of europe next year.

i spoke to brad of the cardinals not long after the cancelled glasto slot and he said they'd never do festivals because they don't mix with ryan (rambling, drunk, looong sets, ear cysts) but he's been doing a lot of supports for oasis around the hour mark so his sober state has opened up new options again.

that'd be an absolute f**ker for me to chose though!

Ryan Adams is a big yes for me, was gutted when he pulled out a few years ago.

Has had alot of problems as paddy said but hes totally turned it around, although he is supposedly going deaf :lol:

Love is Hell (Part 1 and 2) is still played non stop in my car, just can't get enough of it. In fact im not sure there is an album I don't like, his Whiskytown days, heartbreaker, Gold, 29 etc etc

Would be brilliant!

I reckon headliners/second-from-headliners could look like this:

FRIDAY - Ryan Adams & Cardinals, Orange Juice

SATURDAY - Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Of Montreal

SUNDAY - My Bloody Valentine, TV On The Radio

Fleet Foxes, Bon Iver and Cat Power are reliable bets too. Though this may apply to the Park Stage as well as there seems to be some overlap.

i think MGMT, Klaxons and dizzee will probably do it

i would love to see brian jonestown back and headlining the peel tent this time!

I wouldn't say yeah yeah yeah's are too big, don't even they've played Brixton Academy on any of their tours (could be wrong on that though), unless they come back with a massive single I'd say they wouldn't get much of a shout at the main stage, maybe headline the john peel or 3rd or 4th from the top on the second stage......

Would definitely like to see Cold War Kids on there. And MBV would be great fun I think, with their general loudness and pyrotechnics.

Having seen them on the Main Stage at Reading a couple of years back I think the Yeah Yeah Yeahs would be more suited to the Other Stage.

What about the Hold Steady on the JP, probably earlier in the day?

Edited by johnmcga

I wouldn't say yeah yeah yeah's are too big, don't even they've played Brixton Academy on any of their tours (could be wrong on that though), unless they come back with a massive single I'd say they wouldn't get much of a shout at the main stage, maybe headline the john peel or 3rd or 4th from the top on the second stage......

Yeah, but that was a) after Audioslave had dropped out and :blink: even 4th-from-top was considered pretty surprising when the news broke.

Biffy Clyro were 5th-from-top this year at Reading this year, and have had more hits to their name than YYYs had at the time or still do, and they headlined JP this year. Futureheads were 5th-from-top at Reading in 2006 and second-headlined JP this year. The National headlined O2 Wireless' second stage this year and headlined JP.

JP has an array of large bands on, especially since they expanded it (did they?) so YYYs could well take the slot; that said, top 3 Other Stage could also very realistically happen.

Okay, you're playing fast and loose with details here to be honest:

Date With The Night - #16 / Pin - #29 / Maps - #26 / Y Control - #54 / Gold Lion - #18 / Turn Into - #53 / Cheated Hearts - Did not chart

Saturday Superhouse - #13 / Living Is A Problem - #19 / Mountains - #5; in addition to that, EIGHT of Biffy's other songs (The Ideal Height, Questions And Answers, Glitter and Trauma, My Recovery Injection, Only One Word Comes To Mind, Folding Stars, Machines, Who Got A Match?) charted higher than both Turn Into and Y Control.

The crowning of Show Your Bones (YYY's second record) as 2nd best album of 2006 was, obviously, a few months after Reading and Leeds whereas Puzzle (Biffy's fourth record) getting to no.2 in the album charts - SYB making no.7 - was over one year prior to their slot at Glastonbury. It has since sold over 100,000 records. Though chart positions don't mean everything, I think I can conclusively claim that if Biffy can headline the John Peel tent, Yeah Yeah Yeahs can.

For the record, I am a big fan of both bands.