FAITHLESS?

Guest srvman

They headlined the Jazz stage on the Friday in '99, with Orbital headlining the Saturday. What a year! Can we have a 10th anniversary repeat of that please Mr E?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was 2004 that they played in the afternoon and it was ok.

However in 2006 they were on just before Morrissey (who was the headline act). They were absolutely awesome that day (I actually met Maxi Jazz that afternoon, he was watching the sugababes, he was stood next to me for ages until a mate recognised him!).

Edited by Superscally

Saw them at T about 5pm in blazing sunshine and they were brilliant. Like another poster I haven't seen anything rumoured that would beat Faithless for me.

Saw them indoors at SECC and it's bands like Faithless that bring it home to me why I love live music in the first place. :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

just had to get a post in here to BUMP this post

i am currently watching the footage from 2002 and am still convinced that they need to make a return to the Big G in 2009

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_4RvbUuXFmY

Edited by Tugger2k

just had to get a post in here to BUMP this post

i am currently watching the footage from 2002 and am still convinced that they need to make a return to the Big G in 2009

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_4RvbUuXFmY

There is not one band, in the entire world, that I would chose over Faithless live.

Not even Radiohead (although I would cry a bit!!)

Their set in 2002 was the best act I have ever seen; I was with a large collection of family and friends at the back of the field & watching the crowd writhe and move and undulate was the most amazing thing; it took mere minutes for everyone, right up to the back, to be standing and dancing and shouting and screaming.

We still talk about it now - when my little sister was born in May 2003 we were still raving about it - it's no coincidence that her middle name is Jazz!

Edited by Tugger2k

see, i knew this thread was worth a bump.

never met anybody who was at that gig who doesnt rate it in their top 5 of all time

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=otLEUwHao_E&...feature=related

bring them back to glasto 2009!!!!

hows it goin on the faithless community board?

but surely their out this summer, no?

i could take them not being at glasto as long as i knew theyd be at @ brixton, again!! :lol:

I dont know any more than you really, the album's apparently due for release this summer so there's bound to be a tour & some fest appearances to go along with that.

And yes... back to Brixton please! Last time i saw them there was 2005, went to the Shepherds Bush Empire gig in 2007 (the night after the Chems in Trafalgar square, what a weekend that was!)

I have seen them 4 times now ...coincidentally and strangely associated with memorable food of some kind

Glastonbury ... the definitive seminal musical moment after Garlic Bread, Pasty and Chips and Cider ( at the Bus)

Brixton ... totally different sensational late night performance after a top class West Indian Cafe Meal

BIC Bournemouth ... another brilliant evening after a excellent fish meal on the promenade at Bournemouth

Hyde Park - Free mega priced O2 hospitality tickets were there was awesome amounts of food and drink of every conceivable nature

I doubt that Eavis is thinking about Faithless as the 4th ( "surprise nobody has thought of act") .... they have been discussed ad infinitum

Edited by mdp963

If anyone is interested 'Forever Faithless :Greatest Hits' cd is available at Play.com for £2.99 :D

See: Linky

Hope this may be of some use to someone ..... :rolleyes:

Edited by DaveMac

• 2 weeks later...

ahem... so *if* the organisers are actually looking at the 'who would you like to see at Glastonbury 2009' thread set up by themselves they surely will be chatting up Faithless??? please. pretty please with sugar and cream and pie and cakes. and egg.