2 Legend (Old Duffer) Headliners

Guest sdaveak47

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am 23 and think the choices are great. Might not end up at the headline act on the pyramid stage all the time though. Only saw KoL this year, was watching GA and MA on the other. Guess it comes down to what i want to do on the day. Will prob see Blur even though ive got ticks to see em at hyde park though

I'm 22

Very excited about Brucey

Excited about Blur

Don't know anything about Neil

However if I (ever) get a job and get bunse for a ticket I will be checking him out. Hell, I might even check him out without getting a ticket. I'm alright like that.

I'm 38, but I think it's sad that there isn't room for any newer bands to headline. They could have put this line up on 15 years ago. Festivals need to keep thresh in terms of both bands and audience. They can't stay the same for ever. Glastonbury is in serious danger of becoming a festival for the over 30's and even older. Don't get me wrong there's certainly a place for older people at the festival but Glastonbury is, in my opinion, a bit too heavily weighted in there favour at the moment.

I think the line-ups on the Pyramid stage have needed a major shake-up for the last few years.

I'm 38, but I think it's sad that there isn't room for any newer bands to headline. They could have put this line up on 15 years ago. Festivals need to keep thresh in terms of both bands and audience. They can't stay the same for ever. Glastonbury is in serious danger of becoming a festival for the over 30's and even older. Don't get me wrong there's certainly a place for older people at the festival but Glastonbury is, in my opinion, a bit too heavily weighted in there favour at the moment.

I think the line-ups on the Pyramid stage have needed a major shake-up for the last few years.

Agreed they need to look at reading festival if they want to attract a younger audience because being 18 id much rather see the acts they have at reading festival evey year than the acts they have at glastonbury

I think they really missed out by not booking acts such as pendulum, tenacious d, queens of the stoneage ect this year

Agreed they need to look at reading festival if they want to attract a younger audience because being 18 id much rather see the acts they have at reading festival evey year than the acts they have at glastonbury

I think they really missed out by not booking acts such as pendulum, tenacious d, queens of the stoneage ect this year

Isn't it a bit much having both Bruce & Neil Young headline, suppose being the wrong side of 30 myself it seems bad to moan but surely one of them should do the legend spot on sunday instead.

After all the Jazz World stage will be empty these nights with everyone old camping out at the mainstage !!!

I saw Neil Young myself this year and as good as he was the atmosphere was a bit flat (should be better at glasto tho) .

The Prodigy, Neil Young or Bruce, & Blur would be a cracking diverse set of headliners as its looking at the moment its tilted a bit too far to the saga set.

I knows theres loads of other stages etc, but i guess the festival must have been trying for both for ages and got a bit suprised when both agreed

Bruce Springsteen whilst not an artist of my pre-Glastonbury preference is someone who I'd definitely take in to see what he offers - similarly to Jay Z last year. However, Neil Young really doesn't appeal to me. I think that it's one for the musos. I do not think that it is going to get anybody who isn't really into him excited. I am so incredibly non-plussed about it. And I know the obvious response to comments such as that is "well there is so much to do at Glastonbury...". But unless you're actually into the more niche happenings in Pilton then it's not exactly offering tremendous value for money, you do want the spectacular. I cannot see, apart from younger lads and lasses brought up on his music, the younger folk at Glastonbury being that bothered about him.

If say Klaxons* headlined, there'd be the reverse reaction across the demographic.

And even Bob Dylan didn't get a darkness slot at Glastonbury.

The Kings of Leon, but obviosly not gonna happen! Erm..The Killers could do it, but they wont! Erm...Apart from them no one!

Edited by alframsey

to the OP - never heard such a bunch of ageist sh*t in my life. What the f*ck has their age got to do with anything? - LISTEN!

Now if you'd said that Springsteen was past his prime, churning out the same old shit for the last 20 years then you might have been onto something.

Speaking of "old duffers", check out this lot. All playing the New Orleans Jazz Fest next year.

Drive by Truckers

Etta James

Pete Seeger

James Taylor

Wilco

Tony Bennett

Buddy Guy

Emmylou Harris

Kings of Leon

Bonnie Raitt

Toots & The Maytals

Solomon Burke

Dr. John

Aretha Franklin

Neil (been very quiet on the line up for the last few days btw): Any news on any of this lot for Eavis' field?

:lol:

I'm just glad I went this year so I found out how good glasto actually is. Otherwise I probably would've taken one look at the headliners for next year and made other plans. I am a little disappointed but not really that bothered cause I could've gone the whole 5 days this year without seeing a band of any description and still had the time of my life.