2 Legend (Old Duffer) Headliners

Guest sdaveak47

Isn't it a bit much having both Bruce & Neil Young headline, suppose being the wrong side of 30 myself it seems bad to moan but surely one of them should do the legend spot on sunday instead.

After all the Jazz World stage will be empty these nights with everyone old camping out at the mainstage !!!

I saw Neil Young myself this year and as good as he was the atmosphere was a bit flat (should be better at glasto tho) .

The Prodigy, Neil Young or Bruce, & Blur would be a cracking diverse set of headliners as its looking at the moment its tilted a bit too far to the saga set.

I knows theres loads of other stages etc, but i guess the festival must have been trying for both for ages and got a bit suprised when both agreed

Edited by sdaveak47

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 35 and I wouldn't see any of the headliners, I can imaging going to see Blur as Mrs Niblet will probably want to see them, that is unless they are on at the same time as The Prodigy as I've told her that under no circumstances will I be missing them if they play!

29 also and quite aroused by the thought of the headliners this year as opposed to some of the pants of the last few years, Coldplay and the like. I know it’s a sad state of affairs that there isn’t someone “current” (which Bruce and Neil both very much are by the way) good enough to headline, but its just that.

*I think a lot of the under 35s will be surprised at how good Bruce is*. I was 19 when I saw him play first and it changed my perception of live gigs, and music in general actually.

*Roll on February when the Bruce rumour doesnt come to pass.... followed by me running bollock naked at efests staff members with a giant sword in revenge for getting my hopes up!

:blink:

I'm 32 and will need a codpiece to restrain my bugler if Bruce shows up.

Shakey I can take or leave. If its Shakey vs The Flaming Lips or Prodigy or even the mighty Orbital then Shakey can take a hike.

:(

My gut tells me thats its one of those too good to be true situations about Bruce though. Just seems too perfect.

Bruce Springsteen whilst not an artist of my pre-Glastonbury preference is someone who I'd definitely take in to see what he offers - similarly to Jay Z last year. However, Neil Young really doesn't appeal to me. I think that it's one for the musos. I do not think that it is going to get anybody who isn't really into him excited. I am so incredibly non-plussed about it. And I know the obvious response to comments such as that is "well there is so much to do at Glastonbury...". But unless you're actually into the more niche happenings in Pilton then it's not exactly offering tremendous value for money, you do want the spectacular. I cannot see, apart from younger lads and lasses brought up on his music, the younger folk at Glastonbury being that bothered about him.

If say Klaxons* headlined, there'd be the reverse reaction across the demographic.

And even Bob Dylan didn't get a darkness slot at Glastonbury.

*Insert name of modern band who you don't think is up to headlinging of your choice - it's not a debate on Klaxons

Neil Young really doesn't appeal to me. I am so incredibly non-plussed about it. And I know the obvious response to comments such as that is "well there is so much to do at Glastonbury...". But unless you're actually into the more niche happenings in Pilton then it's not exactly offering tremendous value for money, you do want the spectacular.

I wouldn't mind seeing one of Bruce/ Neil Young headline as I'm sure it'll mean there will be a fairly-sized more recent band at the Other Stage and of course Glastonbury's all about variety. However I'd like to see Blur and another headliner as it's my first time at Glastonbury, and neither Neil Young or Bruce Springsteen are really my bag.

Muse, Radiohead * cue groans * and Blur would be my ideal headliners.

I think its good that Glasto will have headliners that will prob not be at other festivals.

I was at V this year and guess what

The Verve and Kings of Leon

So well done Mr Eavis.

just turned 25 last week and can't wait to see neil young again. One of my favourite artists.

As stated prodigy aren't really recent (youthful?) either. I was 13 when I saw prodigy for the fat of the land tour but that's really the last 'major' success they've had. Saw em again couple of years back in bournemouth and twas alright, but there wasn't many youngsters there at all.

The realistic alternative would've probably been franz or kaisers and both seem to be playing, so to me it just looks a strong undercard or they'll be other stage headliners which means the youth are provided for aswell.

I just hope people check out neil young without just thinking neil young = old = boring. He's got one hell of a back catalogue and is superb live.

Im 21

Bruce is the reason im definitely buying a ticket

Blur is the reason i wont be disappointed if Bruce is not booked and ive already bought my ticket

Neil Young...never heard anything hes done! But i dont care, because glasto has lots of stages and this festival has been going for a lot longer than ive been listening to music.

I'm only 19, but I'm ridiculously excited about seeing both Neil Young and The Boss (is it okay to call him that or is it a bit passe? :blink: ).

Having said that, though, I get the feeling that Neil Young would be better on one of the smaller stages. I can't really picture him playing on the Pyramid Stage.

I'm only 19, but I'm ridiculously excited about seeing both Neil Young and The Boss (is it okay to call him that or is it a bit passe? :blink: ).

Having said that, though, I get the feeling that Neil Young would be better on one of the smaller stages. I can't really picture him playing on the Pyramid Stage.

I'm 18 and I like all three acts in terms of listening to their music at home.

Excited about Bruce Springsteen as from what I've heard he is a fantastic live act.

Blur I'm sure will put a good show, but I'm not really that excited about Neil Young tbh. I like his music but I don't know about him as a headliner. The idea of seeing a old balding guy as a headliner doesn't really get me excited. It's like last year I was really glad Leonard Cohen played but if he had been the headliner I would have been disappointed.

I am 28 and just bought a ticket on the strength of these rumours. Went to see The Boss and Neil last year and both were really good, however Neil was just mind-blowing. If the rumours don't come true it's still Glasto and will be an awesome weekend regardless.

Now where are the "Will it rain?" threads......