David Byrne?

Guest hooray!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen him a couble of times before, i think festival hall rings a bell and shepherds bush empire, puts on a great show and well worth seeing

I've seen him at Bush Empire a few times ... and Cambridge Corn Exchange .... and Hanover Grand (lovely small London venue) .... and Colston Hall ... and WOMAD .... and Glastonbury .... and god knows where else, I forget.

And Royal Festival Hall too on Easter Sunday, am just sorting tix thru a contact now. I hate RFH, but with a bit of luck these might be great seats, as they're coming from 'his people'. :P

I've seen him at Bush Empire a few times ... and Cambridge Corn Exchange .... and Hanover Grand (lovely small London venue) .... and Colston Hall ... and WOMAD .... and Glastonbury .... and god knows where else, I forget.

And Royal Festival Hall too on Easter Sunday, am just sorting tix thru a contact now. I hate RFH, but with a bit of luck these might be great seats, as they're coming from 'his people'. :P

really? ive only been twice (massive attack, meltdown & doves) but the acoustics and atmosphere were ace (that may be down to the acts fans)

having said that both times the tickets were through 'people' so maybe youll get the good seats this time mate

the atmosphere is as flat as it is in any seated venue - shite. And then it's mostly full of hoxton whores and the like. If you think that's a great venue then perhaps you should get out more....? :P

the atmosphere is as flat as it is in any seated venue - shite. And then it's mostly full of hoxton whores and the like. If you think that's a great venue then perhaps you should get out more....? :P

1st and foremost, i never said it was a great venue, just that it had been great the 2 times id been, cheeky beggar :D

secondly, perhaps you ought to go and see some bands that actually generate some atmosphere (ie get their audience to stand up and dance), then maybe you'll see what i mean :P

but if there weren't seats then there wouldn't be the issue of people getting up to dance. Burn the seats, all seats. :)

And it's of course worse with an older act, which attracts an older audience. Watching DB on Friday in Brizzle I thought for a while that the audience had died soon after sitting down, most were that rigid. :P

It took some wag to shout "can we dance yet?", a response from the keyboard player that we could, and one of the most excellent dancable heads tracks to get people on their feet, but even then it was only about the first five rows, and many of them sat down again after that track, and I thought the place was going to die. Luckily, enough stayed on their feet, and as the set went on more got to their feet, and the place was rockin' by the end. :)

But I'd far rather not have to go thru that, and I reckon RFH will be worse than Brizzle was, as London crowds are generally the worst for this sort of thing.

but if there weren't seats then there wouldn't be the issue of people getting up to dance. Burn the seats, all seats. :P

And it's of course worse with an older act, which attracts an older audience. Watching DB on Friday in Brizzle I thought for a while that the audience had died soon after sitting down, most were that rigid. :D

It took some wag to shout "can we dance yet?", a response from the keyboard player that we could, and one of the most excellent dancable heads tracks to get people on their feet, but even then it was only about the first five rows, and many of them sat down again after that track, and I thought the place was going to die. Luckily, enough stayed on their feet, and as the set went on more got to their feet, and the place was rockin' by the end. :)

But I'd far rather not have to go thru that, and I reckon RFH will be worse than Brizzle was, as London crowds are generally the worst for this sort of thing.

but if there weren't seats then there wouldn't be the issue of people getting up to dance. Burn the seats, all seats. :)

And it's of course worse with an older act, which attracts an older audience. Watching DB on Friday in Brizzle I thought for a while that the audience had died soon after sitting down, most were that rigid. :P

It took some wag to shout "can we dance yet?", a response from the keyboard player that we could, and one of the most excellent dancable heads tracks to get people on their feet, but even then it was only about the first five rows, and many of them sat down again after that track, and I thought the place was going to die. Luckily, enough stayed on their feet, and as the set went on more got to their feet, and the place was rockin' by the end. :D

I like the festival hall myself, but depends on the band. Somethign like regina spektor or mogwai, where you can sit and watch, the acoutics and general lack of talking is good. Something with more dancing involved is not as good there, but thats the whole seats thing rather than the venue itself.

first time i've had the the absolute pleasure of seeing DB on monday at the Bridgewater Hall , and yeah it was a seated show, but what an absolute blinder ! played many tracks from the early heads albums and he had the audience in the palm of his hand, inviting us to come to the front and film him if we wanted, mostly stayed on our feet after the first few songs ,dancing and carrying on, one of the best things i've seen and i've waited years for the opportunity . i agree about the talking heads reunion being very unlikely but i'd take this again and :) again and.......

I hope David Byrne does play glatonbury especially with Brian Eno in tow.

2 of my all time favourite artists.

I would wish more than a wishy thing for Talking Heads to play a stop making sense reunion but this aint gonna happen.

I can still ive in the glow of seeing them pre stop making sense and still class it as one of the best gigs of my life.

Bring him on I say

I hope David Byrne does play glatonbury especially with Brian Eno in tow.

2 of my all time favourite artists.

I would wish more than a wishy thing for Talking Heads to play a stop making sense reunion but this aint gonna happen.

I can still ive in the glow of seeing them pre stop making sense and still class it as one of the best gigs of my life.

Bring him on I say

Eno isn't playing with him on any of the tour, despite it being Byrne playing the songs he's done with Eno.

(If you're interested, Tom Tom club are playing in London at the end of May as part of the Island 50 festival .... tho you'd have to suffer Keane along with them, and Keane clearly don't have a clue who they have supporting them :lol:).

as soon as i saw this i thought wtf ? just as important, do chris and tina know who the fook are sharing the bill with 'em ? mind boggling mismatch .shame they're only playing a london gig ( as far as i know ) ,unless somebody knows different ?

as soon as i saw this i thought wtf ? just as important, do chris and tina know who the fook are sharing the bill with 'em ? mind boggling mismatch .shame they're only playing a london gig ( as far as i know ) ,unless somebody knows different ?

I'd guess that at least some of the bill has been a case of putting together bands they want to play Island 50 the best they can do.

There's only the London gig at the mo (only their 4th UK gig in 20 years) .... I do happen to know that a fest has enquired about booking them, tho sadly I suspect it'll come to nothing. ;)

Just got home from the Liverpool gig - absolutely amazing! :( A seated venue, but not for long - fantastic atmosphere, 3 encores, lots of dancing on stage and off, and tutus!

The whole band looked like they were having a great time and seem overwhelmed by the audience's response. Fabulous!