Larmer Tree 09

Guest shugie

Well, the order would , as always, be welcome.

2am!!! - does that time exist??

Seriously, I'm in training for late nights, apparently there's still a festieworld going on after 10.30 - it's an age thing - I just about made it through Emmerdale the other night before noddin'........my next target is the 4th murder in, on Taggart!

• 3 weeks later...

The latest June Newsletter states Youth tickets still avavilable etc etc.. i suggest rather sheepishly...cos in previous years--the trumpet is always blown at how quickly tickets are sold... I`d say the Golden Goose has not been slain--but possibly winged.

Not so many cardigans to contend with this year perhaps.

Like you---- how could we miss it? More through loyalty and devotion.

The taking away of the ball by Tenko (ie the forum) still pisses me off to this day and is/was unforgivable...... Dress Up Saturday my arse... we kept that Oxfam shop going for 4 yrs before it caught on... i`ve still got my Batchelor Night attire pinned to the wall (it was a Muslim Circumcision outfit i was reliably informed by Nej of OOJAMI).

See you there... look for the ORANGE MAN and your IOW counterparts.. AND another two converts I`ve managed to rope in!

Anyone got any news on what's changing in the camping fields.

The only complaints most people had after last year were centred on the camping/campervan fields - their haphazard security and the general positioning of them compared with previous years. These complaints seem MAJORLY minor after nearly a year, especially considering the 'larm-and-a-leg' ticket price this year!

However, give James his due, he DID say there were issues last year which would be adressed for 2009 - any clues?

Have to hand it to the man though - he does make exceedingly good line-ups.

Any Festival with Transglobal Underground, Dreadzone, Imagined Village, Elephant Talk, Steve Knightly etc .etc. PLUS all the favourites I've never heard of yet,

is OK with me! Pity he seems to have fallen out with the brilliant Michael Wookey though (unless, someone knows better!)

And Pronghorn............well, it can't ALL be good can it, c'mon

Re the siting of the campervan field etc etc-- well cos we know it was where the day-trippers used to be parked--it has a different sort of feel to it all. Anybody coming for the 1st time wouldnt know any different and just accept this is the layout.

We def felt a bit "out of it" all last year because we were so far away--plus it IS a long walk up and down dale with kids etc etc.

What was wrong with the set up from previous years? Maybe the wet and some vehicles getting stuck?

And --- of course as theres no forum to discuss any valid points... we`ll prob never know..

I`m now beginning to ponder if being in close proximity to Maxie is the way forward this year..... but maybe it is,just for his Lethal Irish Coffee and strong ciggies!

den