Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

On 8/17/2022 at 1:50 AM, Gerard the Fab said:

It’s probably been talked about on here before, but how did people survive after watching Normal People?

edit: Phoebe Bridgers makes it worse

Sometimes I remember Marianne putting her ice lolly on Connell's floor and just walking off and I get so enraged.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, steviewevie said:

is there more fantasy comic book type stuff on than ever? Or has it always been like this?

There definitely is. They're popular and can shift merch. There's just so much of it now. As someone who has been reading comics my entire life, I never thought I'd see a day where they'd be making tv shows of things I love (like Y: The Last Man) and I just would not be bothered about checking it out.

Interesting how things change. Asim Chaudhry was on the big breakfast saturday and accidentally referred to The Sandman as being a 'graphic novel'. He had to correct himself to 'comic book', a term that was verboten in promotion of any comics film prior to the MCU being the biggest force in entertainment. Now we're at a stage where Netflix are commissioning shows, then getting comics made of them, just so they can be 'based on comics'.

Since, normal cable services has been replaced by the OTT platforms, series have taken over by movies in terms of viewership.

Currntly I am watching NARCOS in NETFLIX. An interesting, real life based series on Pablo Escobar. Concurrently, I have started watching HOUSE OF DRAGONS. A much awaited series. Being a programmer in ai services space, and given the work from home situation, series are the only escape route for me in weekdays. I guess these OTT platforms have raised the motion picture standard. There are many short/as well as hours long movies in different category that will throw the viewers to wonderland. 

Ok...a lot of my tv viewing is determined by what my 17 year old kid wants to watch as she appears to be the boss these days...so it's been Paper Girls recently which we enjoyed, but also rewatching Arcane, started Ms Marvel but she thought it was something called cringe. When I do get the tv to myself I loved The Boys, and have been watching first few of Sandman but jury out on that one. I haven't got sky so maybe I will have to get Now to watch House of Dragons.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/16/2022 at 10:51 AM, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Totally changed my mind on House of the Dragon. The last two episodes have been awesome. However Rings of Power is pants. More like Bored of the Rings.

HoD is very good. It’s back to GoT original seasons in my mind which is very good news. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So much TV the past few days as I have been laid up with depression/anxiety and a tad of self harm. So....

House of the Dragons finale was fucking excellent.

The Walking Dead is coming along nicely and I am enjoying it more than the last season. Plenty of political intrigue which is nice.

The Handmaid's Tale. I love this show so much. Elizabeth Olsen was brilliant as a tortured soul after the murder of the Commander.

Has anyone caught the Peripheral on Amazon. It has that Chloe Moretz chick in. Its based on a William Gibson book. Very cyberpunk. Worth a dabble if you are into that sort of thing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/9/2022 at 12:51 PM, Neil said:

jusr seen a netflix documentary called my beautiful broken brain, about a young womans experience of stroke, very good, but a tough watch.

BBC are currently showing a documentary series based in the hospital I was in. The most recent episode featured my consultant putting someone’s head back together. Brings it all back watching someone go through the same process you went through.