Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

I found the pilot for the man in.... a bit of a slog tbh, seemed like a great concept poorly executed. (I am aware of the source material)

on another note, watched first 2 episodes of The Last Panthers, really enjoyed it, the bluray rip I mentioned a few posts ago is a waste of time, as there are no subs with it. so I will be watching it weekly along with everyone else.

Glad to hear about Fargo. Hopefully another stand alone storyline.

Thought HIGNFY was surprisingly above average this week.

Also been enjoying Limitless and (surprisingly) the latest series of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I still can't believe I can't seem to find anyone who has seen Rick & Morty. Trust me. It's genius.

Edited by MrZigster
Forgot something

Jessica Jones has shaped up much better since the first episode. Still not a patch on the comic, but it's been smart in distancing itself from the comic by taking its own rout. I'm quite into it now, it seems to pick up a bit more steam each time. David Tennant being used sparingly is good, because thus far I haven't noticed how crap he is (and he is crap).

Patsy Walker is the best part of all of this for me, I had no idea they were using her in this. They've got her so right, references to her past as a teen star and redhead, and training to become a fighter. I'm hoping that once Doctor Strange is introduced they can start bringing in the more magical elements to the on-screen Marvel stuff, that would help with not only Pasty but The Hand and Stick in Daredevil, and Iron Fist when he eventually shows up.

Finally caught up with Peep Show, and its funny..but..I don't know, it "feels" different. I can't quite put my finger on whats wrong with it. I guess with the last series being a while ago and it being the last it was going feel a bit odd.

Edited by LondonTom

14 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Thought the final episode was a bit poor, but Jessica Jones was absolutely brilliant up to that point.

i thought Jessica Jones lost steam midway through and never really recovered. seemed to be a lot of back and forth of 'Jessica goes to defeat Killgrave, but doesn't for some reason' and repeat until she finally does at the end. i get that they were trying to do something to differentiate it from Daredevil but for me the end result just didn't quite work. felt like the series could've been half as many episodes and told the same story

1 minute ago, LondonTom said:

Finally caught up with Peep Show, and its funny..but..I don't know, it "feels" different. I can't quite put my finger on whats wrong with it. I guess with the last series being a while ago and it being the last it was going feel a bit odd.

it feels like the comedy has gotten a whole lot broader. i know it had already reached that point by the last series, but this series seems to so far be all about the cooky antics (trapping a man in a sleeping bag, throwing a disastrous dinner party etc). i still love it and will miss it dearly, but i'm glad it's ending. nuts that we're already half way through the series

Well "blind spot" is utter fucking w*nk. Can't believe I thought the trailer looked interesting. TV Drama by numbers absolutely designed from the ground up to be able to be spun out for as long as the tv company are prepared to fund this poorly written, cliche ridden, vague yet predictable shitfest for as long as their mouthbreathing, easily manipulated fucking idiotic audience will swallow it.

fuck right off telly people.

11 hours ago, t8yman said:

Well "blind spot" is utter fucking w*nk. Can't believe I thought the trailer looked interesting. TV Drama by numbers absolutely designed from the ground up to be able to be spun out for as long as the tv company are prepared to fund this poorly written, cliche ridden, vague yet predictable shitfest for as long as their mouthbreathing, easily manipulated fucking idiotic audience will swallow it.

fuck right off telly people.

Not seen it yet, but heard the general premise is she wakes up with no memory and lots of tattoos.  From what you've said above, i'm guessing each week she deciphers a different tattoo and finds another clue to her past.

Sounds like someone had been watching season one of prison break a bit too much when they came up with it.  

Will give it a go though.

1 hour ago, gary1979666 said:

Not seen it yet, but heard the general premise is she wakes up with no memory and lots of tattoos.  From what you've said above, i'm guessing each week she deciphers a different tattoo and finds another clue to her past.

Sounds like someone had been watching season one of prison break a bit too much when they came up with it.  

Will give it a go though.

Sounds more like Memento than Prison Break to me.

On 25/11/2015, 23:27:47, FloorFiller said:

it feels like the comedy has gotten a whole lot broader. i know it had already reached that point by the last series, but this series seems to so far be all about the cooky antics (trapping a man in a sleeping bag, throwing a disastrous dinner party etc). i still love it and will miss it dearly, but i'm glad it's ending. nuts that we're already half way through the series

It does have tendency to get a bit Inbetweeners, which always ruins the episode. Mark trashing the office dressed as Hitler as the German guy walks in a few years ago was definitely the low point, all it was missing was J and Neil sniggering in the background.