Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

new South Park has been okay but not really been doing it for me. it's all a bit too topical. i know that's been South Park's schtick for the last few of seasons, but it doesn't seem as funny this time round, and the continuing story with each episode, whilst pretty clever, isn't making for great or original episodes imo

Seems like Monday night has become thee night for telly what with Fargo,TWD,the Leftovers and a new SAS programme.

Why don't they spread it out a bit,seems like there's bugger all on for the rest of the week.

Agreed, but I'd say there is bugger all on during the summer. Monday again and I still haven't got around to watching last weeks Fargo. Just too much in the autumn.

Robot Chicken's back :) That's another 10 minutes I'll have to find.

• 2 weeks later...

We started "The Bastard Executioner" - Kurt (sons of anarchy, the shield) Sutter's new one. It didnt start well, I was very close to turning it off in the first 20 minutes - felt like an extremely poor mans Game Of Thrones. However, by the end of the 90 minute pilot, we both warmed to it somewhat. We have watched to the end of ep 4, and its not a bad story. Its certainly more watchable than a lot of the tosh out there. Ed Sheeran is in it, and so is Scroobius Pip.

I think we may well watch it to the end based on what we have seen so far. 

Binged through the new Aziz Anzari Netflix sitcom Masters Of None yesterday. Would highly recommend - very funny, and plays out like a more lighthearted Louie comedy wise (without the stand up bits). Plus Aziz is just so likeable - even when he's hit and miss in his stand ups I can't help but love him

this may be common knowledge, but Ive only just heard it. Luther is coming back soon. was just trailed on 5 live. a brief google didnt turn up anything concrete timewise, but its gonna be soon.

anyone know any more? I loved Luther.

I think it's coming out as a box set

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎09‎:‎32‎:‎47, t8yman said:

this may be common knowledge, but Ive only just heard it. Luther is coming back soon. was just trailed on 5 live. a brief google didnt turn up anything concrete timewise, but its gonna be soon.

anyone know any more? I loved Luther.

I thought it was meant to be a Xmas special this year.

I watched the first few episodes of Scream and it's rubbish, the actors are so flat and robotic and why the fuck isn't it Ghostface in it?

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

new Peep Show was good without being fantastic. it's glory days are obviously over but i'm hoping the at least give all the characters a good send off

Well I'd say its glory days was around about Season 4. There is something magical about those 6 episodes.  Rewatching them all now before I get onto the new series has only confirmed that.

3 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Fargo episode 5 was amazing, well the whole season has been but that was the standout episode so far.  Already feels like we are approaching the finale the way it's going but still another 5 to go. Not a single scene is wasted and I find every character interesting.

Didn't love the first series, took me a while to get into and I only stuck with it because it was Fargo. Glad I did because it paid off in the end. But this series is the best thing on right now. Got me hooked from the first episode. Everything about it is just right.

On Tue Nov 10 2015 10:04:51 GMT+0000, t8yman said:

really enjoying bastard executioner, its grown on me a lot. to be fair, sutter is a pretty good tv maker.

Been off ill from work the past eeek so watched the first 5 episodes, by number three I was quite into it.

Made all the better by Scroobius Pip and Ed Sheeran lol.

On 11/14/2015, 1:36:51, Scruffylovemonster said:

Jessica Jones on netflix from next Friday!

If it's anywhere near as good as daredevil i cant wait. 

Watched the first episode, it's middling. I'll watch it through, but it's not as good as Daredevil (which also had problems) and it's so unbelievably inferior to its source material. To be fair, any TV adaptation of Alias is going to be unbelievably inferior, and this isn't a bad show. It's pretty much what V For Vendetta film is to the comic, serviceable enough, but just a lesser version of what was on the page, leaving me wondering what the point was of adapting it. I urge everybody to read Alias, there's a very strong argument for it being the best comic published this century, and is really easy to read if you haven't read comics before.

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Watched the first episode, it's middling. I'll watch it through, but it's not as good as Daredevil (which also had problems) and it's so unbelievably inferior to its source material. To be fair, any TV adaptation of Alias is going to be unbelievably inferior, and this isn't a bad show. It's pretty much what V For Vendetta film is to the comic, serviceable enough, but just a lesser version of what was on the page, leaving me wondering what the point was of adapting it. I urge everybody to read Alias, there's a very strong argument for it being the best comic published this century, and is really easy to read if you haven't read comics before.

As someone who HASN'T read the comics I'm quite enjoying it 3 episodes in. :)