Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

I only checked it out to see Rob Lowe in a comedy role after he was so great in parks and rec, but the lead actor steals the show.  I recognise his face from british comedy as a small role actor (seen him beside James Corden, Catherine Tate and a few others) and he really shines in this, big things predicted for him.

I only checked it out to see Rob Lowe in a comedy role after he was so great in parks and rec, but the lead actor steals the show.  I recognise his face from british comedy as a small role actor (seen him beside James Corden, Catherine Tate and a few others) and he really shines in this, big things predicted for him.

recognised him from Peep Show as Dobby's ex boyfriend (which he played excellently, 'cause i can't stand him), but yeah, Rob Lowe was also what attracted me to that show (if he wasn't in it i doubt i would've ever given it a second look)

I don't understand the hate for the second season of True Detective which was mainly created by tasteless reviewers/bloggers and internet communities. The first season was much better, but the second season had it s moments as well.

Will start Fargo S2 soon!

I don't understand the hate for the second season of True Detective which was mainly created by tasteless reviewers/bloggers and internet communities. The first season was much better, but the second season had it s moments as well.

Will start Fargo S2 soon!

The first series of TD had 2 really interesting characters, one of whom really stood out and the other was a well played, if tired stereotype.  The 2nd series I just found the characters and their portrayals to be uninteresting and the pacing of the series seemed to be designed to slowly reveal who they were and why, by about 2/3 of the way through I honestly didn't care and just gave up.  It was well shot, good soundtrack and had other signs of a production team that knew what they were doing, but for me the plot and characters just meandered too much to ever gain my interest as happened with the first series.

well "The Apprentice" never fails does it?

They manage to trawl up some of the most self obsessed, yet absolutely clueless herberts in the country every year. we really are spoiled this year, theres some quality knobends on offer among this lot.

trying to sell fish fingers to a vegan cafe? check

getting on the show when you openly admit you can't sell anything? check ("I dont suppose you'd like to buy some salad?" - top drawer!)

trying to charge bankers £9 for a salade nicoise in a plastic tray? check 

and Claude!, oh Claude is going to eat them for breakfast.

They manage to trawl up some of the most self obsessed, yet absolutely clueless herberts in the country every year. we really are spoiled this year, theres some quality knobends on offer among this lot.

getting on the show when you openly admit you can't sell anything? check ("I dont suppose you'd like to buy some salad?" - top drawer!)

some of them (the girls especially although the boys are just as bad really) are right titheads.

You are right - over the course of the series I think Claude is going to enjoy tearing some of these a new hole.

Just watched the new Fargo,not as strong as the opening as the first series but still very good.Had to take a double take on the dead eyed kid/Jessie's torturer from Breaking bad,I'm glad to see him in another role,he was great in BB,really cold and looks as though he will step up for this one.

I can't watch it.  The show has become a parody of itself.  Its nothing to do with Mr Sugar* finding the "brightest and best in the country", and everything to do with finding the biggest arsehole who will get fired exactly one year after being hired.

* I refuse to call him Lord.

Just watched the new Fargo,not as strong as the opening as the first series but still very good.Had to take a double take on the dead eyed kid/Jessie's torturer from Breaking bad,I'm glad to see him in another role,he was great in BB,really cold and looks as though he will step up for this one.

i can't even remember what the opener of the first series was (must re watch) but loved this one. very excited to see how it plays out

I've really enjoyed this series of south park so far, episode 2 was one of the best things they've done to my mind.

You, me and the apocalypse is shaping up nicely now that it has become clear what things are all about.  It wasn't until episode 3 that I realised the impending collision was not the apocalypse to expect and I cannot wait to see how it all plays out.

Got round to watching Asian Provocateur at last, really quite enjoying it, bit like An Idiot Abroad in some ways I guess but better thought out and great humor from Romesh Ranganathan at times! (and his mum actually, who kind of tells him where to go/different cultural things to do!)