Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Yeah, just going to smoke a joint, watch that and head back to bed I think. Last shift tonight then a week off \o/ Charlie Brooker rocks and Philomena Cunk has really done well to have turned around people's opinion of her as being an annoying irrelevance to a highlight of the show (from what I have read, at least).

Charlie Brooker's Election Wipe last night was good. Get it on iPlayer if you missed it.

The best lines were delivered by a female comedian who did cut-away segment, I almost choked on me cheese sandwich (literally, that was not a euphemism).

Philomena Cunk is the funniest thing going at the moment.

I'm surprised how many people haven't heard of her before, my 2 faves in those two were "which leaves the green party - with fuck all" and "magma carta means cardboard volcano"

shes been the highlight of wipe for quite some time. I really dislike that youtuber twat he has on at the mo, the one who does the russell brand parodies, I dont even know if it is a boy or a girl tbh - not that it matters, but I find him/her really irritating.

and I really like her bits in this

and this

Edited by t8yman

Inside number 9 completely passed me by until i read this thread, watched the first three episodes last night, brilliant especially the second one with no talking.

Going to watch the next 3 tonight and then onto the second series.

Last man on earth was brilliant, Phil Miller..what a guy! Loooking forward to season 2

The Age of Ultron tie into Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D was pretty lame, basically a few mentions and oh look a few lines about the Helicarrier being created in secret.

A real missed opportunity, considering this is why I imagine persist with the mostly dull episodes.

Hoping the finale is at least half decent

Think we're finally seeing the death of the Simpsons. Harry Shearer has left. No more Mr Burns, Flanders, Principal Skinner, Smithers, Kent Brockman, Lovejoy, Dr Hibbert.....

Surely thats the end?

Nah, it was only last week they announced it's contracted for another 2 seasons. I remember a story from years ago that FOX had started doing a fan submission thing for the best Simpsons characters impressions due to a dispute with the voice actors over salary and it was only a fan backlash type thing that made them changed their mind, they could probably offer a fan a fraction of the actors' salary with most viewers not even noticing a difference.

Think we're finally seeing the death of the Simpsons. Harry Shearer has left. No more Mr Burns, Flanders, Principal Skinner, Smithers, Kent Brockman, Lovejoy, Dr Hibbert.....

Surely thats the end?

It will carry on, as Jump says another 2 seasons in the bag. They could drop some characters and even have a runni ng joke about voice changes

Surely thats the end?

Nah they have a plan:

It just needs to be taken out back and shot now, most people are perfectly happy with re-runs up until they did the movie but nope they are going milk until grow to hate it.

I can't comment on the most recent seasons as I watch it far too irregularly now but there was a season after the movie came out that I thought The Simpsons was funny again. Yeah the show's best days are far behind it but with the merch sales it's still a cash cow.

My friends have got me into a documentary called Gold Rush about gold mining in Alaska, its upto season 5 but Ive started from the beginning and it just shows how insane yanks can be chasing the american dream. Im up to episode 7 and the rookie mining team have invested $250,000 and its not going well, absolutely addictive viewing though.

Watched the first episode of Wayward Pines yesterday, it was a great episode to kick of the series it reminded me of Lost with some elements of True Detective. Looking forward for the second episode next week, to see where it goes

Anyone else saw the pilot yet ?

May have been a disspointing season overall but the Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. finale delivered! Maybe to long a build up for such a small action set, but everything was tidied up nicely from the past 2 seasons and with two new "cliff hangers" for next season.

Hopefully Season 3 is a bit more even in the good vs. bad episodes but I do doubt it.

Watched the first episode of Wayward Pines yesterday, it was a great episode to kick of the series it reminded me of Lost with some elements of True Detective. Looking forward for the second episode next week, to see where it goes

Anyone else saw the pilot yet ?

Watched it last night and was quite impressed. Definitely giving Ep 2 a watch.

May have been a disspointing season overall but the Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. finale delivered! Maybe to long a build up for such a small action set, but everything was tidied up nicely from the past 2 seasons and with two new "cliff hangers" for next season.

Hopefully Season 3 is a bit more even in the good vs. bad episodes but I do doubt it.

I caught up recently and enjoyed the final run. Haven't seen the film yet but the Age of Ultron tie-ins felt forced and irrelevant to the ongoing plot and themes.

Really like the inhumans stuff though and where it's leading. I think the 2nd season didn't have quite as extended runs of bad episodes as the first did, but it took far too long to get going again after the break for Agent Carter.

And what the fuck with that ending? Such intense cliffhanger. I don't quite think that'll be the last we see of Simmons, but any change would have to be really well managed to avoid it feeling like they redesign everyone with alien stuff as their early dynamic weakens.