Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Homeland was great last night but I can't help but think that the show is incredibly sexist. All the female characters seem to be portrayed as emotionally weak or volatile and it grates on me quite a lot.

Have to agree. It's taken a while to get going this season but the last 2 weeks have been good viewing.

Boardwalk is kind of okay, watchable but I'm not keeping them. The Walking Dead is tepid, again watching but not intending a re-watch. Sons of Anarchy is gobsmacking though, the last episode! OMG!

Archer is the best comedy I've seen in years, been getting up to speed with that. Well worth it. A very large amount of googolplexias better than Family Guy or American Dad.

Dug out an ITV series I'd missed in the 70s, Children of the Stones. Weird, scary, and featuring Blake from Blake's 7. You need a phd and four hits of acid to get it, and they made it for kids!!

• Upvote 1

Not sure about GOT, Sky are repeating the first 3 series, up to ep3, series 3 - so thought they would show the new series straight after. Though have slowed the pace to one ep a week. Really loving it, missed it first time round. Making a start on the books/bricks too - think I would have struggled with them without the tv programme just due to the amount of characters!

sons of anarchy finale

I dont think I've ever winced at a TV programme like that ever. My missus' face was a picture as she turned away from the screen.

I knew as soon as she took the truck what was going to happen, I just didnt expect it to be quite as nasty as that. The irony of Gemma shipping Wendy off to rehab because she can't be trusted as a mother while she is using drugs is deafening. Thats twice Gem has fucked up whilst stoned. Poor old Jax.

sons of anarchy finale

I dont think I've ever winced at a TV programme like that ever. My missus' face was a picture as she turned away from the screen.

I knew as soon as she took the truck what was going to happen, I just didnt expect it to be quite as nasty as that. The irony of Gemma shipping Wendy off to rehab because she can't be trusted as a mother while she is using drugs is deafening. Thats twice Gem has fucked up whilst stoned. Poor old Jax.

Yes, it was set from the start but the brutality of it, and the scenario it left Jax in at the end were the surprising bits. I couldn't work out if Juice did what he did to get back at Jax or to get back in with the MC. And Nero crossing over back to the gang is going to make for an interesting twist. Top stuff all round really! I assume the homeless lady (who is also the mother of the girl in the ice cream store??) will hold the key to everything next season

I don't understand why critics hate the show, it gets roundly ignored by all the tv award shows. It's trounced Dexter et al in recent years in terms of drama. The only thing that tops it for me at the mo is GoT.