Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Finished watching The Corner at the weekend - very good. Not the most uplifting bit of TV you'll ever watch but then as it's about coke and herion adicts then it's not too surprising really. I'm looking forward to watching it agian purely so I can play spot The Wire cast member. Jay Landsman playing a guy at the metal recycling plant was my favourite.

Started on Series 1 of The Shield last night - promising first episode :P

Started on Series 1 of The Shield last night - promising first episode :P

He's a classic Iago character really. I enjoyed the show. Especially the Forrest Whitaker ones.

The problem with Vic is that he's got about seven or eight stock poses depending on the situation. It's funny after a while.

Only seen the first 3 seasons, tis alright. No "the wire" though...

You've got close-up on Vic with his shades on, looking angry.

You've got close-up on Vic with his shades off, looking angry.

You've got close-up on Vic with him toying with his shades, looking angry.

You've got close-up on Vic with his head in his hands.

You've got close-up on Vic hitting the wall / door / some other inanimate object.

You've got close-up on Vic with glint in his eye.

That's about it.

It does actually improve over time. The Fifth is probably the best I thought, that and the start of the sixth. It does actually finish really well too.

And no, it's no Wire.

Edited by sifimaster

Yes, it's alright. It does actually improve over time. The Fifth is probably the best I thought, that and the start of the sixth. It does actually finish really well too.

And no, it's no Wire.

I try not to compare things to The Wire as it just means that seem crappy

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Rock and Chips last night. Quite enjoyable, very different from Only Fools and Horses but in a good way. I think they made a big thing of the boy from the Inbetweeners playing a young Del Boy as the story wasn't so much about him, more his mother and the older characters. Good to see Phil Daniels back on TV again as well.

Watched Rock and Chips last night. Quite enjoyable, very different from Only Fools and Horses but in a good way. I think they made a big thing of the boy from the Inbetweeners playing a young Del Boy as the story wasn't so much about him, more his mother and the older characters. Good to see Phil Daniels back on TV again as well.

f**king missed it, been looking forward to it too. Its on again this Saturday.

i enjoyed it despite not loving only fools. was disappointed to read it was a one off though. thought they could have got a series out of it.

Skins series 4 starts Thursday! Can't wait for that.

After watching all the episodes of all the series over the course of the weekend, I can officially call myself a fan, it's a good programme and not like I origionally thought it would be like. Does anyone know what time it starts, so I can Sky+ it?

i enjoyed it despite not loving only fools. was disappointed to read it was a one off though. thought they could have got a series out of it.

i don't really like only fools and horses, so wasn't sure if i'd like rock and chips. but it was really good, it was nothing like only fools. more a drama than a comedy.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to watching Rock and Chips. Had to download it as the one I recorded on Saturday at 3am was for the hard of hearing so had the person in the foreground doing all the sign language.

Very very good and very very weird. Caught me off guard to be honest. Im a massive Only Fools fan but wasnt expecting this. Some of the jokes are filthy. Im glad it concentrated on Joan Trotter, played brilliantly well by Kellie Bright I thought. I'd love to see more. Dont know if they have any plans to do any though.

Finally got round to watching Rock and Chips. Had to download it as the one I recorded on Saturday at 3am was for the hard of hearing so had the person in the foreground doing all the sign language.

Very very good and very very weird. Caught me off guard to be honest. Im a massive Only Fools fan but wasnt expecting this. Some of the jokes are filthy. Im glad it concentrated on Joan Trotter, played brilliantly well by Kellie Bright I thought. I'd love to see more. Dont know if they have any plans to do any though.

I watched that yesterday too - thought it had a great script, good to see original Grandad in it, and liked Freddy's character - Rodney tres smooth! :P

Also watched Caprica - superb!

Started watching the new series of Mad Men. Whilst its not one of those shows where much happens, I like the period depicted, and it's very clever in some parts

Is that the third series?

I've got series one and two to watch.

I'm currently watching Damages. Intense, conniving, very very good. Close is excellent in it, as is Ted Danson's hair.

A recommendation...dont go watching Dr Who end of Series 2 on IPlayers at 3 o'clock in the morning...it doesnt make for a good nights sleep! :P Pesky Cybermen vs Daleks!

Is that the third series?

I've got series one and two to watch.

I'm currently watching Damages. Intense, conniving, very very good. Close is excellent in it, as is Ted Danson's hair.

yeah, its the 3rd. I'm currently watching season 1, and really really loving it.

which damages you watching? I found season 2 dropped off a bit.

yeah, its the 3rd. I'm currently watching season 1, and really really loving it.

which damages you watching? I found season 2 dropped off a bit.

Season 2 did drop off a bit, but was good in the end. Anyone watched the first 2 eps of season 3 yet? thought its been a good start

Just finishing watching my Underbelly boxset. Fantastic series. i have to agree it is like an Australian Sopranos but it's a true story. It was on FX last year and seems Scottish television have bought the rights. Wewll worth a watch, even if it is to wacth out for ex Neighbours/Home & Away cast members.