Big Chill 2009

Guest TalkShow Bob

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From their Myspace (upon which i have just spilt my beer :lol: )

ORBITAL REFORM TO HEADLINE THE BIG CHILL FESTIVAL 2009

Current mood: triumphant

Category: Music

ORBITAL RETURN TO HEADLINE THE BIG CHILL

The Big Chill: 7th – 9th August 2009

Festival Tickets on sale 1st Dec 2008

www.bigchill.net

Electronica pioneers Orbital will headline The Big Chill 2009 - with the

Hartnoll brothers returning for their first live show in five years.

Orbital split in 2004 after establishing themselves as one of the most influential acts in dance music history. Tracks such as the classic 'Chime' and later number 1 hit 'The Box' helped shape the UK's burgeoning club scene.

As their 20th anniversary approaches; their live return will rekindle memories of their era-defining Glastonbury performance in 1994; and the raucous live shows that introduced an improvisational element to live electronic music.

Orbital took live performance beyond the realms of standard DJing; with spontaneity and experimentation setting a blue-print for noughties electro-darlings such as Simian Mobile Disco and Justice.

Their plans for the Big Chill are under wraps for now; but expect wall-to wall anthems, expansive audio-visuals – and the return of Paul and Phil's trademark torch-glasses.

"It's not an exercise in nostalgia, the time just seems right," says Orbital's Phil Hartnoll. "Everything just seemed to fall into place. I've played at the Big Chill before, I DJed there and had a really good time - it's an amazing festival. The timing is also good: 20 years of being together."

"We've got 15 years of active service, making song" comments Paul Hartnoll. "If you boil that down to a 90-minute festival set you should get something thoroughly exciting from beginning to end. Let's put some fun back into it."

Big Chill Festival Music Programmer Guy Morley commented that "Orbital's return is a massive coup, and a great way to kick things off for next year's festival.

I'm delighted that they have chosen to reform for the Big Chill - I've been badgering them for years! Orbital have been one of the most important dance artists of the last two decades, and a huge influence on today's electronica scene."

Link

Dang - My mate has wanted to go to this fest for years, he's been seriously considering it for 2009, this will easily swing it. But I had no plans to go. Very complicated. :ph34r:

They are bound to do other festivals.

Hopefully Bestival, but unlikely as it may be a English exclusive. Hopefully another festival in Scotland might get them, perhaps Rockness?

Or ultimately I would prefer them headlining the Other Stage on the Sunday night at Glasto :ph34r:

They are bound to do other festivals.

Hopefully Bestival, but unlikely as it may be a English exclusive. Hopefully another festival in Scotland might get them, perhaps Rockness?

Or ultimately I would prefer them headlining the Other Stage on the Sunday night at Glasto :ph34r:

Edited by timespeedsup

Interesting...

Don't think it says anywhere about it being an English exclusive, but the Big Chill organiser said, "I'm delighted that they have chosen to reform for the Big Chill" - so take that into context and I imagine that their festival appearance will be there; followed by Connect, Electric Picnic and Bestival perhaps? V Festival at a push.

This is great news, and the big chill has a wicked sound on the main stage, it will be far better than the Glasto other stage quietness! Kruder and Dorfmeister sounded really good there in 2007. One of the Hartnoll bros had a set there with his new band, which was very loud, but I can't remember what they were called!

This is great news, and the big chill has a wicked sound on the main stage, it will be far better than the Glasto other stage quietness! Kruder and Dorfmeister sounded really good there in 2007. One of the Hartnoll bros had a set there with his new band, which was very loud, but I can't remember what they were called!

Long Range?

Well i enjoyed it anyway :D as did Lucy & Baggy :) ...

268.jpg

They ended on an Orbital song though, do you remember which one?

HI ALL!!!

So im from California in the US and i want to travel overseas in Aug. I want to go to this festival or a 3+ day festival to start off my tirp! I have a couple questions though. First...where would be the best place to fly into if i go to this festival..i think the closest place is Birmingham, but how far is this from the festival? Second...CAn i volunteer and get in free? I know we can do this in the United STates? Thank you all so much..any advice is greatly accepted!!!

Peace and lOve!!!

Tracy

HI ALL!!!

So im from California in the US and i want to travel overseas in Aug. I want to go to this festival or a 3+ day festival to start off my tirp! I have a couple questions though. First...where would be the best place to fly into if i go to this festival..i think the closest place is Birmingham, but how far is this from the festival? Second...CAn i volunteer and get in free? I know we can do this in the United STates? Thank you all so much..any advice is greatly accepted!!!

Peace and lOve!!!

Tracy

Thanks!!! anyone now how far Birmingham is from BC