Bruce Springsteen

The Nal

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Wooderson said:

People was always have a moan about Springsteen. Incessantly and without fail.

Im keen as mustard to experience these shows. Bruce made big effort to stitch this album together as a single piece. Going to be fascinating. 

He just plays the songs in order. What big effort did he make?

Lots of Bruce fans opinions on full album shows wavering in the face of a new tour. Which is a worry and could start a trend. "Electric Nebraska" next. Big box set, world tour, outtakes etc. 

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

He just plays the songs in order. What big effort did he make?

Lots of Bruce fans opinions on full album shows wavering in the face of a new tour. Which is a worry and could start a trend. "Electric Nebraska" next. Big box set, world tour, outtakes etc. 

Whilst intently ranking his records generally and putting a crabby, bitter little album like D&D ahead of a sprawling brave epic like The River comes across as trolling, what a career he's had that you might even *think* it - and as you say, that there's a time when it's true. Most other artists put out The River and its their "classic".

Edited by Wooderson

On 2/23/2016 at 8:17 PM, Bobs said:

I'd say its going to be enjoyable, but as someone who loves Springsteen live because of its wide variation show-to-show, having 21 songs already pre-determined (thats before BTR, The Rising, Shout (which i think is a huge waste), and the other typicals), it leaves like 4-6 songs left, which for me takes a way a bit of the magic. It'll still be awesome, but no where near as good as him just playing a mixed batch.

He's been doing 35 song sets on the american leg so a good 12-14 more, so if he gets on stage on time at 7.30 it could be the same here. Most of the "classics" are the hits, with each time a couple of darkness/Born to run/born in the usa album tracks, plus a couple of the newer ones like the rising. Very hits heavy though, but as ive only seen him at glastonbury, that shocking hyde park gig in 2012 and leeds arena (good but very eclectic mix) i'm happy with an old school hits type set, plus i love the river!

4 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

He's been doing 35 song sets on the american leg so a good 12-14 more, so if he gets on stage on time at 7.30 it could be the same here. Most of the "classics" are the hits, with each time a couple of darkness/Born to run/born in the usa album tracks, plus a couple of the newer ones like the rising. Very hits heavy though, but as ive only seen him at glastonbury, that shocking hyde park gig in 2012 and leeds arena (good but very eclectic mix) i'm happy with an old school hits type set, plus i love the river!

Yeah thats what I mean, he's got his regulars like Born to Run, The Rising, so it ends up about 6-8 different. It's gonna be fun. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, zero000 said:

I'm torn. I'm not overly fussed on parts of the River, but there are no doubt some brilliant songs on it. £80+ might be a bit too much for me. Though I'd pay that to see Darkness in a heart beat. 

Is he still doing that ridiculous gold circle thing too?

Paris and a couple of the German dates the only venues where you could pay to get up the front. Everywhere else you queue and takes yer chances.

• 2 months later...

So the setlist from the first River european gig sees only half of the album being played. Probably not a bad idea for a stadium gig.

On other matters, some dick just 'accidentally' put their tickets for Wembley up twice on Twickets, meaning I've just paid £420 for 4 tickets that aren't actually real!!

On 16 May 2016 at 1:07 PM, Badlands said:

So the setlist from the first River european gig sees only half of the album being played. Probably not a bad idea for a stadium gig.

On other matters, some dick just 'accidentally' put their tickets for Wembley up twice on Twickets, meaning I've just paid £420 for 4 tickets that aren't actually real!!

Great fecking gig though. Works better as a set now than just a straight run through of the album. Great crowd - solid set. Felt like I'd been shot in the legs the day after which is always a good sign. And I got to finally see Price You Pay and Drive All Night after 35 years of Springsteen gigs

Roll on Manchester

Edited by Ted Dansons Wig

Looking at the setlists from the first 2 european shows.. I wouldn't mind if we got something similar at Coventry in a couple weeks time. As long as he keeps Point Blank in the set, then all is good from my perspective.

10 hours ago, incident said:

Looking at the setlists from the first 2 european shows.. I wouldn't mind if we got something similar at Coventry in a couple weeks time. As long as he keeps Point Blank in the set, then all is good from my perspective.

3-4 of the River tunes aside I'd change the entire set!

Every time I come on this thread I seem to rant about tickets and such, but anyway...

Gave in and bought tix for Coventry the other day, really looking forward to it. However, despite standing being 'sold out' for months, suddenly a load come onto Ticketmaster for a few days a week or so before the gig? Definitely ones that they haven't sold on Get Me In :lol: Pisses me off cos it creates a false sense of demand and drives the price up. 

Same has happened with Neil Young (I think... at least I can get standing for the O2 now if I try, where as I'm sure it sold out at one point) and Radiohead (although that may be to stop touts, rather than it being the touts themselves). 

Positive being that Springsteen Hampden seems to have been a success for those who bought late, tonnes of tickets going for below face value.