Bruce Springsteen

The Nal

Reckon so yeah. I'll be giving Dublin the swerve. The 200 notes that day will cost me will take care of return flights and a hotel in a city with a half decent volume limit.

My ears were ringing after Limerick and Belfast. I had to wear earplugs at the last RDS show he did.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside stadium venues are just different degrees of shit sound. Might not be quite as bad at some - but it still doesnt compare to any decent indoor place. Even the big caverns like the o2 are better than Wembley etc.

Only way to get it without the echo is in the pit.

Might come back slightly later of course and play the arenas say September/ October. Whats the sound at the o2 in Dublin like? Sound at the old Point seemed alright to me the few times I was there.

Havent been to Wembley Arena in probably 20 years (that might have been Bruce as well) but the sound was bloody awful in those days at the back. Which was why I stopped going there. We werent in the pit at Wembley - it wasnt great further back in GA.
Sound at Hard Rock in Hyde Park in 2012 even before the great switch off fiasco was as bad as I've ever heard at an outdoor gig.

Think Kilkenny was done on the cheap Nal. Limerick and Belshaft both had central speaker towers.

Wembley Arena sound was ok(ish) when I was there. Hyde Park as bad as it gets. Don't think anything will beat the Tempodrome in Berlin for sound quality for me. Absolutely immaculate.

Thought Heaton Park last summer was really good in fairness. Weighty and crisp.

And on a completely unconnected unnecessary and almost completely inappropriate twist. Warren Zevon - 10 years gone in a couple of weeks. Good article from Grauniad: http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/aug/01/warren-zevon-werewolves-of-london-demons

Edited by Ted Dansons Wig

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Three or four good ones (and those the ones he's been doing for a while and have been available on bootlegs or YouTube) and a bunch of filler Gary US Bonds or Southside would have rejected a few years back. And over-wrought production to a ridiculous level. And Morello's wailing guitar all over it.

Meh...

• 3 weeks later...

Got a bit of time to kill so thought i'd have a go at a setlist i'd like to see. Not necessarily saying these are his best but here we go. He has tended to do 27-33 songs recently so it'll end up somewhere in there, encores after 20/21 songs.

Venue - Madison Square Garden

1- Devils & Dust - solo

2 - Adam Raised A Cain

3 - Youngstown

4 - Murder Incorporated

5 - We Take Care Of Our Own

6 - Shackled and Drawn

7 - Kittys Back

8 - Radio Nowhere

9 - Girls In Their Summer Clothes

10 - Atlantic City

11 - She's The One