Peter Gabriel?

Guest OneLittleFish

Have you seen the size of my lawn , you would struggle to get 6 Rabbits on it !

Its funny , cos I have never got into Genesis , yet I love Suppers Ready , a perfect piece of music.

I had a friend at School that used to listen to it every day as soon as he got in from School.

Oh and I have just download PG's "Here Comes the Flood " - I have not heard it in maybe 20 years , and I am close

to tears !

Edited by Ricochet

Do you know anything about what Peter Gabriel (specifically) has done since he left Genesis in ( :) ) 1974? Do you know anything about Real World Records and WOMAD?

Unless you do, stop being an ignorant, prejudiced twat ..... ;):)

(I'm no Genesis fan myself, but in any case, Genesis were actually half way good before PG left ... )

Do you know anything about what Peter Gabriel (specifically) has done since he left Genesis in ( :) ) 1974? Do you know anything about Real World Records and WOMAD?

Unless you do, stop being an ignorant, prejudiced twat ..... ;):)

(I'm no Genesis fan myself, but in any case, Genesis were actually half way good before PG left ... )

Do you know anything about what Peter Gabriel (specifically) has done since he left Genesis in ( ;) ) 1974? Do you know anything about Real World Records and WOMAD?

Unless you do, stop being an ignorant, prejudiced twat ..... :):)

His recording studio has always been in a village called Box, in a coverted mill (think it is called The Old Mill or something), about half a mile from my folks house and where I grew up, and reachable off the road between Bath, Corsham and Chippenham. Quite a complex - only ever spotted him there once though. One studio has a glass floor in it through which you can see the river flowing below. One of the storage hangers around the corner used to have a huge WOMAD banner on it. Many other popular artists have recorded there. Once thought Radiohead had recorded some of OK Computer there, but turns out this was another studio very nearby I believe, Jane Seymour's manor house I think (which I once had the task of cleaning . . . . .)

His recording studio has always been in a village called Box, in a coverted mill (think it is called The Old Mill or something), about half a mile from my folks house and where I grew up, and reachable off the road between Bath, Corsham and Chippenham. Quite a complex - only ever spotted him there once though. One studio has a glass floor in it through which you can see the river flowing below. One of the storage hangers around the corner used to have a huge WOMAD banner on it. Many other popular artists have recorded there. Once thought Radiohead had recorded some of OK Computer there, but turns out this was another studio very nearby I believe, Jane Seymour's manor house I think (which I once had the task of cleaning . . . . .)

Eh, not allowed an opinion. I have listened to a fair bit of his solo stuff and would have no problem with anyone playing, although it wouldn't do much for me.

The original post was a little tongue in cheek and more of a dig at Genesis, who I absolutely hate, but I don't appreciate your highlighted comments.

I won't respond childishly to those as you obviously think your opinions are all that matter

Edited by William of Walworth

As a resident of Box (not too sure if classed as the nice part or the crappy part) I've had the chance to get to know PG a bit through our kids going to nursery together - I've never liked his music, but he's a thoroughly nice chap - looks a bit like an overweight grandad these days but I gather he gets himself slimmed down and fit before appearing live. He's actually left Box now and moved back to London (I think his wife wanted to move back), but Real World studios are still going strong. A few years back he dressed up as Santa Claus and delivered the presents to my sons nursery christmas party - makes him a good bloke in my eyes !

OK lots of apologies.

My opinion is only that -- my opinion. I was abusing you for what I thought was your opinion (and I was wrong to do so) but I wasn't denying you the right to have it.

What I (wrongly) thought you were doing before was judging him on/associating him with Genesis alone. As I say, I'm no great fan of Genesis myself, but I do think he's achieved so much since he left them, not just musically in his own right, but with all his WOMAD work, he's introduced us to so much varied music from around the world.

Lets compromise and just have him headlining JazzWorld, as suggested above ....

Again, apologies for getting stroppy, I've met him and he's lovely, and in any case lots of his stuff (just IMO) is brilliant and a show from him would really suit Glastonbury

Doesn't mean everyone has to like him though, I'm not immature enough to think that -- just want him to have the respect he's due that's all.

OK lots of apologies.

My opinion is only that -- my opinion. I was abusing you for what I thought was your opinion (and I was wrong to do so) but I wasn't denying you the right to have it.

What I (wrongly) thought you were doing before was judging him on/associating him with Genesis alone. As I say, I'm no great fan of Genesis myself, but I do think he's achieved so much since he left them, not just musically in his own right, but with all his WOMAD work, he's introduced us to so much varied music from around the world.

Lets compromise and just have him headlining JazzWorld, as suggested above ....

Again, apologies for getting stroppy, I've met him and he's lovely, and in any case lots of his stuff (just IMO) is brilliant and a show from him would really suit Glastonbury

Doesn't mean everyone has to like him though, I'm not immature enough to think that -- just want him to have the respect he's due that's all.

• 3 months later...