Biggest dissapointment?

Guest VCK

They made the "joke" I didnt like them before that and that sealed their fate. (The "joke" being the one that normally an American band, but in this case an Aussie band made of which is "I hope you brought a good book for the reading festival" ho ho ho shut up and die!)

Bring Me the Horizon did play, but they went on first, and Mindless Self Indulgance got moved up to 4th... or did I imagine that ;)

I didn't see them myself because there utter dirge, but im sure someone told me theyd seen them, and it was then mentioned on forums.

EDIT: Thank god for that, I wasn't going mental.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=j8O4xPVXYkU

I'm gonna have to say the controversial thing here and say Rage. I was never really a fan of them before Reading, but I appreciated their music. Everybody told me they were the best live performance in the world today, so I saw them and was completely disappointed. I expected a mind-blowing performance of NIN 2007 standards, but they seemed to sound exactly like they do on CD.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Smashing Pumpkins have to be my biggest disappointment. I'd hoped for more classics, but they played so much of 'Zeitgeist' that it just never seemed to get going. After Nine Inch Nails had played so well, it was important that Corgan and co. make a real impact, but it was so limp.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers were awful that year as well, but I wasn't expecting much good from them. They need to play more of the classics, but they just seem to play the newer, pop-orientated shite and it's boring. They were a disappointment in 1999 though, as I hadn't seen them before.

Edited by Mike Patton