Staying till Tuesday

Guest staggerlee

• 6 months later...

It sounds really depressing to me, I'd hate to wander around the site after five days of it being a non stop world of energy, noise and crowds and see it deserted, quiet and (relatively) lifeless. I suppose those last two elements will reflect my own condition at that point :P

That thinking son!!!

can i ask you a question.....(looking at your sigh-off) is Benacassim better/worse/no-where near as good as glasto. Iv never been but my mates bang on about it like its the best think ever (they aint ever been to glasto )

ta

Edited by staggerlee

Officially I think we have a licence till 5am (might be 6am?) on the Monday morning (as far as I know) it's possible that the village bar will serve the people who tack down our village, but I'm only assuming that. As for the Traders, actually I've no idea about the traders (sorry) it has the longest opening hours of any of the bars onsite I know that much.

as we have a mammoth 7 hour drive home, we don't usually leave until late monday evening. it is downright depressing on the monday watching the stalls being taken away and all the rubbish and empty tents and stuff. we can't face seeing it like that again so we're off to a hotel as soon as we can rouse ourselves and we'll get a kip there for the long journey ahead.

If you join the "after pick" crew you could be on site for anything between a week and month or two, if it's been a massively wet one, so I've heard.

Last year people were finishing quite early. The site was in pretty good shape and Michael wanted at least one field made good for the cows within a week - and they managed it I believe.