Staying till Tuesday

Guest staggerlee

Yeah that's the problem... some people just go around looking to take whatever they can find. It's a bit concerning to wonder if your tent and possesions may have been 'taken cause someone's obviously left them on purpose' whilst you're off grabbing a Chai Tea n' Cake. So I've only stayed Monday a couple of times. Weird waking up to see hundreds of litter pickers walking about.

Does anything happen on the Monday night and Tuesday, any music or bars open?

Yeah I tried to do some last minute scavenging on Monday evening, only found an empty wallet and 3 bottles of San Miguel, I imagine if you put some effort in you could find a lot of valuable stuff. Although it would piss me off if someone thought my tent was abandonded and took some stuff similar thing happened to me in Benicassim but I think they were just thieves as they took our rucksacks, clothes and passports (and even some of my Uni books)!

Edited by staggerlee

Yeah I tried to do some last minute scavenging on Monday evening, only found an empty wallet and 3 bottles of San Miguel, I imagine if you put some effort in you could find a lot of valuable stuff. Although it would piss me off if someone thought my tent was abandonded and took some stuff similar thing happened to me in Benicassim but I think they were just thieves as they took our rucksacks, clothes and passports (and even some of my Uni books)!

i can't tell you from experience, as i have only been once, and i left on the monday around 3 pm

but various people have told me you can stay way past tuesday.

someone said they security or whoever start to get lairy after thursday. but my fried told me her mum used to stay for weeks after!

also apparently there are people watching the grounds a month before it starts because some people camp their until it starts :ph34r:

I hate staying past Monday. In 2007 our campervan got stuck in the queue to end all queues so we took a walk back through the site about 3ish on the Monday. It made me sad. It was like a warzone. Just discarded crap everywhere and people packing stuff up. When you see all that, it's time to leave for another year. We did get a nice curry for about £2 though!

i can't tell you from experience, as i have only been once, and i left on the monday around 3 pm

but various people have told me you can stay way past tuesday.

someone said they security or whoever start to get lairy after thursday. but my fried told me her mum used to stay for weeks after!

also apparently there are people watching the grounds a month before it starts because some people camp their until it starts :lol:

I was invited to a Shangri-La crew after party on the Monday night, but was soo exhausted by that point and I would then have to find a new way back to London that I didn't/couldn't go. They used lots of our 'surplus stock' to fuel it, which by the end was basically just vodka & red bull and some odd bottles of pernod that we found on Sunday night :lol: Great cocktail that! :D