Alanis Morisette?

Guest LilMissSmiley

aye yer probably right. Pompous twits like that last fellow are annoying though. This whole if "you like such and such you dont like music" argument is pretty pathetic I think. School playground stuff.

Unsure of some of the comparisons of alanis to kelly clarkson/avril lavigne type acts...no disrespect to those acts but much of alanis' work is completely different other than it's occasionally angsty and that they all broke into the mainstream at around 18-21. Personally I think jagged little pill was an amazing album for someone of that age. It flows as an album and has some cracking songs; forgiven, mary jane, perfect, you oughta know etc.

personally I couldn't see avril doing this

unforgiven

• 1 month later...
Jagged Little Pill was quite a groundbreaking album. There'd been angsty albums before, but I don't remember any as full on as that one (Ironic is a bit silly though). The first band she had, when touring that album was pretty shit hot too. Wasn't Taylor Hawkins the drummer, they were amazing.

I have seen her live twice - at Phoenix in about 96 and at V a couple of years ago. Both times she was superb. At Phoenix I had just done 10 hours on the gate and my feet were killing me but she took me right out of that. At V I really only watched her because nothing else was on at the time but again she impressed.

She has a surprising amount of presences as a live act and her harmonica is genuinely soulful. I have to say that is not something I had ever thought I would say about a harmonica prior to seeing her!

I would happily see her again - clashes permitting. Actually, if something clashed I would be a bit pissed off.