The Cure

Guest twenty_foot_chickens

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed. Can't quite see them headlining the tent though...

Would have to headline, one of the few bands that would bring me back to Leeds Fest. Give them a 3 hour slot too if you want to do it properly. They were just incredible at Wembley Arena last March. If you ever get the chance to see them, do it.

In my opinion there isn't a big chance of them playing, they dont seem to do festivals. They're too big to headliner the NME starge (although many godlike genius's have done) but not popular enough at the moment to headline main stage

I strongly disagree, maybe its just because they haven't done much since 2003 but I have rarely seen them mentioned on these boards EVER. Plus they are hardly a big selling band these days. I just dont see them having mass appeal. Last time the orginizers went with an act of a simular status it was widely agreed to be the lowest attendence for a headliner ever (pixes)

They have gone for big selling acts for the last couple of years, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, RATM, The Killers, Muse etc. All number 1 acts.

I doesn't have to be as black and white as if they would headline or not. I doubt they have the appeal to the demographic that Reading/Leeds attracts to headline but thats not to say that they couldn't play second top. Who they would play under I don't have a clue.

Edited by rexclark81

They have just been anounced to headline NME's big gig which was last year headlined by Manic Street Preachers. Considering Manics also got godlike genius which has also been won by a few other radio 1 stage headliners I wouldn't say it is out of the question to for the cure to headline NME stage. I mean Manics new album got to number 2 or 3 in the chart and The cures got to 30 something so If Manics can headline the stage why cant The Cure?

They have just been anounced to headline NME's big gig which was last year headlined by Manic Street Preachers. Considering Manics also got godlike genius which has also been won by a few other radio 1 stage headliners I wouldn't say it is out of the question to for the cure to headline NME stage. I mean Manics new album got to number 2 or 3 in the chart and The cures got to 30 something so If Manics can headline the stage why cant The Cure?