Sunrise Celebration 2009, Somerset

Guest William of Walworth

According to the recent efests news story, Sunrise Celebration *will* be back in 2009, and on a new site too.

Sunrise Celebration finds a new home (tickets are on sale now )

Limited updates so far on the official Sunrise website but no doubt that will change as we go on.

We will pretty definitely be up for this. It was monstrously disappointing that the original Sunrise Celebration in May was flooded out :)

The Sunrise area at the Big Chill was lovely, but overall the Big Chill itself wasn't the ideal substitute IMO ...

Lets hope the new site really is as safe as the organiser is saying. In any case, it will probably be back to scorcher times in 2009! :D:D:D:D

Who likely to be going then? B)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, we still have our 2008 tickets so we are a definate!!

Tis true, the horrendous and toally unmitigatable weather and ensuing floods were awful and I am really so impressed that the organisers have dried out and are doing it again!!

Big up to all the Sunrise people!!

Does somebody want to by a spare ticket now? Will save me worrying when three weeks before and I'm cadging round for a spare when it sells out! :D

And stop me buying one off ebay and accidentally bidding on an Ozzfest ticket instead! :lol: (in-joke I'm afraid for those whom will laugh, but know that it is not only possible but the odds are 50/50 that it really will happen!)

I'll be there.

But then, I do organise it....

Err.

Anyway, we have got a launch party in Bristol on 21st November. Anybody with a 2009 ticket (either swapped from 2008 or bought this time around) gets free entry. Check website for details.

Lineup includes Smith and Mighty, Lazy Habits and Dub FX.

http://www.sunrisecelebration.com/sunriseinthecity/index.php

• 2 weeks later...

Sunrise in The City

Official 09 Launch Party 21st Nov 2008

***FREE ENTRY TO SUNRISE 2009 TICKETHOLDERS***

Rob Smith, Peter D Rose feat: MC Kelz

(Smith & Mighty/More Rockers)

Lazy Habits

Awesome 8 piece jazz hip-hop fusion, currently causing a stir with the release of their new single

Undercover Hippy

Much loved Bristol local, Undercover Hippy is unique, blending conscious lyrical, often improvised musings over uplifting tune smithery, leaving big smiles all round

Dub FX

Vocal looping gymnastics from the one man cypher, Dub fx. Amazing live performance of looped beatbox, bass, sharp vocals and lyrics to raise your ears and ideas

Woodnote

DJ Mark Mandala

Illuminating Visuals and Decor by Ramshackle Faculty.

Slide Shows and films by Viziondanz

Festival Decor - Cafe & Bar

Trinity Centre - Bristol

Friday 21st November 9pm-Late

Entry: £6 in advance +bf £9/£8concs on the door

Tickets from Bristol Ticket Shop 0845 1080259

www.bristolticketshop.co.uk

(if you book on line, it's in the Trinity gig listing section and the Sunrise Celebration page)

info: 08450096347

Info: inthecity@sunrisecelebration.com

***FREE ENTRY TO SUNRISE 2009 TICKETHOLDERS***

In order to claim free entry to Sunrise in the City, you'll need to buy/exchange your ticket to Sunrise 2009 by 20th November 5pm and have registered your wish for a free launch party ticket via an email to inthecity@sunrisecelebration.com. Please include in this mail your full name and contact details.

To transfer your Sunrise 2008 to a 2009 ticket please contact the agent you bought it from, either Sunrise Celebration on tickets@sunrisecelebration.com subject "2009 exchange" or Bristol Ticket Shop sales@bristolticketshop.co.uk or 0845 1080259.

To get a ticket to Sunrise in the City please then email inthecity@sunrisecelebration.com

Possessing a ticket to Sunrise 09 will not in itself grant you free access to the launch party, you must email and recieve your 4 digit entry code in the return confirmation email.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really looking forward to this as we always do, we were discussing who we would like to see at Sunrise 2009 who hasn't been there before...

Back to the Planet!!! So so good, music still so relevant and the power still there!!

Wonder when the first line-up and area specifics will be confirmed..?

• 3 weeks later...

What's going on with the Sunrise official forums? When are they are going to be back online?

Also I am thinking of applying as a litter picker at Sunrise this year to save on the ticket cost. Are there any vacancies currently? And if so, can you tell me a bit about it, i.e. how many hours do you have to work, what shifts, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...