My 2009 Prediction

Guest SOAD

I've done Main, NME, Lockup, a fair bit of dance and top 2 FR... Yeah I know tis a bit pointless doing that big a prediction atm but I was bored:

Friday

Main

Arctic Monkeys

Kaiser Chiefs

Fall Out Boy

Primal Scream

Funeral For A Friend/Doves

Vampire Weekend

The Subways

The Futureheads

Reel Big Fish

The Hold Steady

NME

Elbow

Death Cab For Cutie

Glasvegas

The Maccabees

Patrick Wolf

Cajun Dance Party

Noah and the Whale

Kimya Dawson

The Rascals

Tokyo Police Club

White Lies

Lockup

Rancid

Glassjaw

The Dillinger Escape Plan

f**ked Up

Underoath

The Fall of Troy

Set Your Goals

Comeback Kid

Four Year Strong

The Ghost of a Thousand

HORSE the Band

Crime in Stereo

FR

Band of Horses

InMe

Saturday

Main

Green Day

Lostprophets

The Flaming Lips

Maximo Park

30 Seconds To Mars

Foals

The View

Madina Lake

Kids in Glass Houses

NME

The Streets

Reverend and the Makers

The Courteeners

Modest Mouse

Tegan and Sara

Gym Class Heroes

Black Kids

Does It Offend You, Yeah?

Bat For Lashes

The Paddingtons

Laura Marling

Lockup

Billy Talent

Rival Schools

Finch

The Bronx

Every Time I Die

Skindred

Chiodos

From First To Last

Municipal Waste

Captain Everything

The JB Conspiracy

Mike TV

FR

The Young Knives

Art Brut

Sunday

Main

AC/DC

Marilyn Manson

Deftones

Biffy Clyro

Weezer

Brand New

Enter Shikari

Killswitch Engage

Rise Against

Fightstar

NME

The Pigeon Detectives

Hot Chip

Jarvis Cocker

Guillemots

Iglu & Hartly

The Gaslight Anthem

You Me At Six

Cage the Elephant

Amanda Palmer

Los Campesinos!

Jeffrey Lewis

Dance

Aphex Twin

Ladytron

Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip

Peaches

Electric Six

Metronomy

f**k Buttons

FR

MIA

Hundred Reasons

Edited by SOAD

Fair enough, its just that I hate idiots that copy.

The problam with predictions like this is that they're so specific that its like if a novice keeps fireing a gun at the same spot then eventualy he will hit his target (I'm not calling you a novice). In other words a lot of those bands will be playing but most wont. Also its impossible to guess the smaller stages because they are usualy very random. Like this year who could have guessed coner oberst would have played below Last Shadow puppets and Cribs - its just random. Thats why I steer clear of trying to predict the smallers stages, because its just guessing.

The bands up there are very realistic and most of the positions you have them in seem fair. See what I said about VCK's on the other thread because yours has the same problams but on the whole a good prediction

Edited by SOAD

QUOTE (thomasowen @ Oct 23 2008, 03:34 PM) *

I'm intrested too, but not on prediction lower stages because thats just guessing and I like my predictions to be acurate.

Swap Lost prophets for Kaiser Chiefs, that would make a lot more sense.

Yeah they would work with the headliners after them... but I think it would look odd if both Maximo and Kaisers have the same slot they've had before...hmmmaybe I'll swap over 2nd headliner to fourth headliner if that makes sense?

Like:

Arctics, Kaisers, Fall Out Boy, Primal Scream

Green Day, Prophets, Flaming Lips, Maximo

QUOTE (thomasowen @ Oct 23 2008, 03:34 PM) *

I'm intrested too, but not on prediction lower stages because thats just guessing and I like my predictions to be acurate.

Swap Lost prophets for Kaiser Chiefs, that would make a lot more sense.

That looks better, I think Maximo Park could be at V this year, although Leeds is a possible.

And Flaming lips are unlikely. Apart from that those are all very good shouts.

• 2 months later...

It's nice to see someone who actually realises what spots bands are likely to play. This board is usually full of people who still think bands like 30STM for example would still open just because they're not fans of them.

Very realistic placings although I think Glasvegas are nailed on for an NME headline and I don't think Biffy will play again unfortunately.

Some things that stand out to me are in no particular order:

The Courteeners 3rd on the nme. They were hyped up and things were expected but it never happened for them. They wouldn't be that high at the moment, unless they release another album that does really well they won't be that high up.

Modest Mouse would be second possibly third in the NME tent I would have thought.

As someone out pointed out Glasvegas would probably headline the tent if things continue the way they are going.

The View will be higher if the second album does as well. I think they would be above Foals who lost a lot of momentum as the year went on and where never as popular as The View were.

The Paddingtons wouln't be that high up. thier second album has bombed and they couldn't shift tickets for thier recent tour of small venues.

Laure Marling would be much higher then that. Last tour sold out with ease and she because of the mercury music nomination is relatively well known. Would be top half of NME I would say.

Can't see The Pigeon Detectives headlining. Usually a buzz band of the moment or somone who has worked up to it or a bigger band who has shrunken in possibility. Hot Chip who are beneath them would much more likely headline.

Jarvis Cocker would be higher then third i would have thought. Much more likely to headline the festival republic stage. And with a new album coming out this year I think that is where he will be.

I think in general that line up is much too now, or 2008 in a way. Lots of those bands won't be doing much in 2008 and a lot of newer bands will be around. Like someone said bands like White Lies will becoming much more popular. Bands like Tokyo Police Club released albums this year and again can't see why they would be booked next year. Tho I would say it is a sensible guess.