headliners this year

Guest simon1001

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh god no......had their album on at work on repeat - cant take anymore!

I'm guessing AC/DC are high on the wanted list. Their world tour will be one of the biggest grossing next year and fits a pattern of booking the biggest grossing touring rock act of the year - 2007 Rolling Stones, 2008 Police, 2009 ??????. Makes perfect sense to me. They are also pure live entertainment and go in for seriously big stage shows. Perfect!!

I'm guessing AC/DC are high on the wanted list. Their world tour will be one of the biggest grossing next year and fits a pattern of booking the biggest grossing touring rock act of the year - 2007 Rolling Stones, 2008 Police, 2009 ??????. Makes perfect sense to me. They are also pure live entertainment and go in for seriously big stage shows. Perfect!!

i really reckon kings of leon could headline this year.

they have just announced 2 dates in the uk for june next year. one of them being 02 arena the monday after iow (15th)

so i reckon they could do it. the other confirmed date is MEN arena in manc. on 22nd june.

as for which day its gotta be friday really hasnt it.

i think they would be ideal to headline as they have just made their step into the mainstream with sex on fire and the new album, and have a huge fan base.

as for AC/DC, well that would be amazing. cant see it happening tho, more likely to play download on same weekend, theyve been downloads no.1 act to headline for many years now.

A member of my family is friends with Mr Giddings, and, he was told Kings of Leon will NOT be there, but will be at reading and Leeds, The Killers will not be there (yippee!), but will be at V fest. And that's all. Straight from the horses mouth! Who knows, the no to KOL may be throwing people of the scent or they simply may not be coming! We shall wait and see..

yeah i've heard killers for V. i know theyve been announced for aussie V, but that doesnt mean they wont do uk.

shame about KOL i saw them at glasto last year and thought they were excellent headliners and since then theyve made a step up in popularity. i really am curious as to who the headliners are gonna be now. im pretty sure oasis is sat tho.

when will an announcement be? its gotta be before xmas i reckon. maybe theyll only announce one of the headliners at first...?

yeah i've heard killers for V. i know theyve been announced for aussie V, but that doesnt mean they wont do uk.

shame about KOL i saw them at glasto last year and thought they were excellent headliners and since then theyve made a step up in popularity. i really am curious as to who the headliners are gonna be now. im pretty sure oasis is sat tho.

when will an announcement be? its gotta be before xmas i reckon. maybe theyll only announce one of the headliners at first...?

A member of my family is friends with Mr Giddings, and, he was told Kings of Leon will NOT be there, but will be at reading and Leeds, The Killers will not be there (yippee!), but will be at V fest. And that's all. Straight from the horses mouth! Who knows, the no to KOL may be throwing people of the scent or they simply may not be coming! We shall wait and see..

Gutted if KOL wont be there!!! I was really excited about them. Does your contact to the Giddings have any leaked info on who will be there??? Please say the shortlist contains... Fatboy Slim, MGMT, Courteeners, Reverend and the Makers, Hot Chip, Kasabian, Guns n Roses, New Order and topped off with a reformed Smiths!!!

Am I close??? :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...