The Return of the Triangle

Guest Camp_Triangle

Camp ▲2009

EVERYONE WELCOME!

Please note - This camp is not "officially" organised by efestivals, it is done by boarders for the benefit of other boarders

Now that most people know if they're going or not, I thought I'd steal Chocky's post from last year and see who wants join us in 2009.

It's a simple plan really - we all camp in the same area, meet friends old & new, look out for each other and chat bollox at stupid times of day.

Pennards is right next door to the late night madness of the Stone Circle & Greenfields, not too far from the Dance village (although the Glade is VERY close) and the very lively Park Area (now with some of the most amazing views on site) is literally just around the corner - Trash City and Shangri-La are also within staggering distance.

It can be a bit of a trek to the Pryamid stage, but the Other stage is on your doorstep and you'll be walking so much over the weekend you won't really notice anyway.

Food wise, there is always a decent sized sit down breakfast bar (bacon, eggs, etc...) less than a minutes walk from camp at the bottom of the field and there are a few places on the other side of the of the railway and down by the Glade (including the famous Pauline Fowler Growler and the best Sausage Stall onsite).

Toilets are plentiful and the closest ones are just past the breakfast bar.

The cashpoints & medical facility are about a 3-5 minute walk away in the neighbouring field (Park Home Ground).

For those that have heard of Pennard’s reputation for flooding. Don't worry!

The camp site is on a hill and I know that everyone camped around the efest flag on Pennard last year will testify that we had the perfect spot.

Besides, major drainage improvements have been carried out over the last couple of years and we are WELL away from the worst affected NE corner, just look out for dips in the land.

Given Pennard Hill's popularity and the camp's current numbers it's gonna have to be "first come, first served", so please arrive as early as possible!

We will try to save space for as many late comers as possible, but it's not really practical for us to do this past early Thursday morning - Sorry :angry:

Marked on the map below are suggested routes to the camp...

glasto2008tweakic7.jpg

...which is roughly where the Red Triangle on this pic is.

41529588tu9.jpg

The orientation of that pic is different from the map

It was taken from the east, so left = S, right = N, Up = W & Down = E

And for something new this year...do we want to go with a bit of a theme, dress the camp up a bit?

Please show your support for this website and buy yourself some efest goodies, that way you will be easier to accost spot if we see someone looking confused.

Edited by Camp_Triangle

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aah the first bite of the Triangle shaped cherry.

For ease, I have just changed the name of last year's MFG group to 2009 so anyone who was a member this year the group is still alive and well and any newbies can sign up in the normal fashion (hint go to the My Festivals Groups linky at the top of this page).

I think there's a good chance you'll see me there again in 2009 :angry:

How do i regiter my intention to join you?

Damn...no Purple Dodecahedron this year then? :angry:

Hmmmmm...themes you say oh Triangle of Redness? Can I suggest this one? Been sitting on it for a few years now and as the tix came out BEFORE the new year here it is...

ok its a huge cliche but how's about Christmas on June 25th? Its a Thursday this year and exactly 6 months to go to the real one and COS the tix came out before Xmas then there is the possibility of buying up cheap Chrimbo decs while they are still available cos trying to find em on Fleabay in May is a fecker!

Secret Santa's and everything? Hohoho!

Ok, so it flies in the face a wee bit of the Leave No Trace but if we take em all home with us afterwards then you can use em for real later in the year.

And may I say that if you can get your greasy mitts on the Tesco's battery powered Fairy lights, these are THE best fairy lights for battery power in the biz but you have to get em early!

Now that most people know if they're going or not, I thought I'd steal Chocky's post from last year and see who wants join us in 2009.

You's will have to look after me though and guide me to it cause I aint been before.

it's lucy or chocky - "Camp_Triangle" is posting from Oz.

funny that, seeing as she's posting from the exact same IP address. :angry: