Radiohead

Guest rossg123

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew the headliners were booked for sure last night when I got home and told as much.

As far as I understood it, they were Arctic Monkeys, Kings of Leon and Green Day. And that is still as I understand it, but that may well have changed.

I don't work for or with the organisers and nor do I have any status that means I get told by privilege.

Who knows first is no big woop...we'll all know when it's announced and the festival doesn't actually happen until August - so everyone going will know by then too.

It's not a competition.

Edited by Mike Patton

I knew the headliners were booked for sure last night when I got home and told as much.

As far as I understood it, they were Arctic Monkeys, Kings of Leon and Green Day. And that is still as I understand it, but that may well have changed.

............... to the best of my knowledge ......

and there we have it. To the best of my knowledge Reading festival is happening in Reading. Isn't that useful. :rolleyes:

Anyway, let's continue about Radiohead. Strange that an admin hasn't tried to get it back on track!!!

Says the man who keeps taking it off track.:D

There's an easy way to keep it on track but I don't want to make you cry. :)

I think I'll need to tell Google to add another another point to this page: http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=define%3Apetty

"my knowledge" having come from Melvin Benn. Ah well. I'm the one taking it off track? :rolleyes: Cry? Wierd, bizarre and hilarious.

RADIOHEAD

Let's talk about Radiohead!!!!!!!!!!Please, let's talk about Radiohead!!!!!!!!!! I don't even know what point was being made anymore!!!

Edited by pee2pee

Radiohead headlining the Sunday would be another nail in the coffin for 'Metal Sunday'. The likes of Pearl Jam and Smashing Pumpkins can keep the alternative vibe going on the last night, but Radiohead are what I'd consider more suited to Friday or Saturday.

Green Day were boring in 2001 and 2004...and would surely play the exact same set yet again where they get some kids up on stage to play etc etc etc. Yawn.

Metallica was booked near October 2007 for their appearance in 2008 so it's not all that strange.

without trying to start an argument, it's a fact that for this year that things are lagging behind on the bookings front for the major festivals in general compared to the last few years. I'm not sure tho if Reading is one of the fests that's applicable to. This is at least in part, apparently, due to the current financial crisis - expect fewer american bands at UK fests this year.

Separately (and from different sources), it does appear to be the case that what Reading thought they had in place for headliners didn't pan out as it was expected to, and that (based on what I've heard) if they do now have all headliners fully sorted (signed and sealed) that at least one of them has only been fully sorted very recently.

Are they going to reject a band with an absolutely massive following that they wanted to headline the sunday last year just for a bit of tradition. Radiohead are a band that can get away with playing on the heavier day aslong as there is some heavy bands below them. Im pretty resigned to it being crappy Lost Prophets anyway.

you put it in a way that made it seem like that. but like everyones been saying, just because you heard that the 3 bands to be booked a few weeks back were Green Day, AM and Kings, doesn't mean they ARE the ones that have been booked.

all im going to do now is sit patiently until Neil knows more, that is the best thing anyone can do :rolleyes:

Are they going to reject a band with an absolutely massive following that they wanted to headline the sunday last year just for a bit of tradition. Radiohead are a band that can get away with playing on the heavier day aslong as there is some heavy bands below them. Im pretty resigned to it being crappy Lost Prophets anyway.

I also discussed Radiohead with him and he said that he didn't expect to ever have them at Reading again.

I believe it's the case that Radiohead themselves approached FR and asked to headline this year. However, I think it's also the case that for some reason they then said they didn't want to play after all, but am less sure of this.

It does seem to be the case that, for a while at least, they were in the frame for this year.

I believe it's the case that Radiohead themselves approached FR and asked to headline this year. However, I think it's also the case that for some reason they then said they didn't want to play after all, but am less sure of this.

It does seem to be the case that, for a while at least, they were in the frame for this year.

But there always has to be at least one "heavier" headliner. RATM, Metallica, Pumpkins, Muse, Pearl Jam, Iron Maiden, Foos, Pixies, Green Day, even The Darkness. Who, out of AM, KOL and Radiohead would you say is heavy? I admit, Pablo Honey and The Bends are a little, but no more than Oasis or Blur were at their heaviest.