Glastonbudget

Guest airds

Does anyone know whats happening at Glastonbudget ???

if you go to their website there is a temporary site saying

"Other rogue websites have sprung up claiming to be Glastonbudget. Glastonbudget.co.uk is the only website you can trust. Do not buy any tickets from any other website other than glastonbudget.co.uk"

but the only other sites I can find are gbfestival.co.uk, gbfestival.info & glastonbudget.info, which seem to have a copy of the original website on them, and were recently registered by "SVMC Technologies" / "Chris Dunn"

IIRC Chris Dunn was one of the organizers, so whats going on, anyone know ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I have to admit , that with the number of festivals cancelled last year. Was it 30 or more , one

has to be a bit more wary when parting with ones money. I have not done Glastonbudget , cos

it falls on the same weekend as Off The Tracks. Friends have been to the last 3 and really enjoyed

it.

Well both I and a number of my mates have bought tickets, and I for one certainly went through glastonbudget.co.uk - the same website as previous years - to buy them.

It's not clear whether what it says now on the website means that NO official tickets have been sold AT ALL yet. This they need to clarify. Until then how can we be sure whether what we have bought is genuine or not?

*waiting on tenterhooks*

The website is now saying this:

"Hi all and all I can do is apologise for not doing the website sooner.

There has been a dispute involving the organisers of Glastonbudget and so it would not of been right to try and sell any tickets or make any promises that perhaps could not be honored.

The dispute was not caused by myself but I have had to fight my corner.

Tickets will be on sale no later than 29 Jan 2009 and will only be available only via glastonbudget.co.uk. Tickets bought from other sites will not be honored.

The trade mark Glastonbudget Festival is registered to W Richard Coupe.

Mockstar Ltd, Chris Dunn and the Harrow Inn have no permission to run the Glastonbudget Festival."

All well and good but this still doesn't clear up whether the tickets we've already bought are valid or not.

All well and good but this still doesn't clear up whether the tickets we've already bought are valid or not.

Ultimately, the answer to this question will be decided by which side in their dispute wins.

W Richard Coupe is one of the party's involved, and he claims (I've not checked, tho I've no reason to doubt it) to own a trademark on Glastonbudget. Because of the dispute, he's taken the honourable angle of not selling tickets until the dispute is resolved, because it might turn out that there's no event that tickets sold by him can be used at.

The other party in the dispute is selling tickets despite the dispute. If they don't win, W Richard Coupe makes very clear that he will not honour the tickets they have sold.

With the limited information I have, I'd guess that W Richard Coupe will win the dispute because of him holding the trademark which the other party are abusing - but of course there might well be far more to all of this than I'm aware of.

W Richard Coupe believes that the dispute will be settled no later than 29th January. However, from the little I know, I'm not so sure it will be - what I believe is being dealt with before or on that date is all about a particular thing, which still doesn't necessarily stop the losing party from carrying on trying to use the Glastonbudget name. Ultimately, what will end the dispute will be one of the parties accepting that they've lost and giving up.

All of this is a real shame because I've heard good things about Glastonbudget. I'd guess that regardless of whichever side wins out, it won't be quite the same festival as before (tho of course I guess it could be the better for it).

There is some discussion on HERE about tickets (third message down has quotes from Mockstar), which basically implies that W Richard Coupe is an ex-associate, but then you have got to wonder how he has the trademark in his name and the glastonbudget.co.uk website, since its obvious that Mockstar wrote the website (The content of glastonbudget.co.uk has now moved to glastonbudget.net)

Also I remembered that Sky News did an item on glastonbudget, which was posted on youtube (see below), which introduces Chris Dunn and Nick Tanner as co-founders (Mockstar)

Glatonbudget Sky News

It looks like Mockstar are booking acts (oasish booked on 8/1/9), so we will just have to wait and see

I'm going to ask in their forums and point them to this thread

i happen to know the organisers of glastonbudget.

if you buy tickets at glastonbudget.net, then they'll be honoured definitely. they have booked the acts and the festival will happen (and will be the biggest yet). i suppose the worst that could happen if they lose the dispute (not gonna happen though) is they might change the name of it to something else, but it'd still be the same festival so it's no biggie.

A post has been removed from this thread.

Please ensure that anything that you post is not libellous or potentially libellous. eFestivals is not going to take the legal hit for you in the event that someone is pissed off enough to sue; if you can't afford the bottomless pit that is a libel court case, then don't say it.

Its only libellous if its not true. the sad fact was that everything was true.

Sorry for posting though, it was just bothering me how many people are getting confused with it all and meaning that the REAL festival and organisers will loose out this year because of all the shenanigans from Mr. Coupe.

Knowing the truth behind it all and not being able to say anything is somewhat frustrating.

while you say "it's true", that's of course a matter of opinion. And that difference of opinion is where libel lawyers get to make their crust. :lol:

While you might be able to afford that expense, eFestivals can't.

• 2 weeks later...

its the 30th now and still no mention of it on their site, and they deleted the thread I started a few weeks ago :P

Having said that I personally think everything is ok and like "scans" said earlier in this thread, that the very worst that could happen is they have to change names

.....but I'm still not buying tickets until I know for sure :lol:

So it's looking as if Mockstar, Chris Dunn et al (glastonbudget.net) has 'won' the day - pretty much literally as their festival will go ahead on the always planned weekend of 22nd to 24th May 2009 and the other (glastonbudget.co.uk) will be over August Bank Holiday weekend.

This after a bit more info was added to the *ahem* minimalist .co.uk site:-

'Welcome to Glastonbudget Festival 2009. After a really hard few months we are now all systems go. For any one interested in the legal tussle and what has been going on please go to the news page. If you have already bought a ticket go to the ticket pages to see what to do next.

There has, as you will have spotted already no doubt, been alot of changes going on. The biggest change of course is the dates of the festival. To get it put together in time for the May break would be close to impossible and if I could pull it off I am sure you feel let down by the standard of festival thrown together due to time constraints.

This does though have the bonus of getting better weather. I'm sure those who have been before would not relish the thought of standing out in the rain with a 50mph wind added for good measure yet again. Anyway.............

Bands Confirmed Are Tributes to

Jimi Hendrix

Bee Gee's

Iron Maiden

Duran Duran'