Worthy Farm to be renamed "Sex Farm" in 2009.

Guest Wooderson

SpinalTap.jpg

Neil, please convince TPTB of the crucial need for the Tap to headline in '09 the next time they pop round yours for jasmine tea and chocolate hobnobs.

I know they tried to put on a spoof act with Shakey this year - this time theyve gotta do it right.

:lol:

That is all.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SpinalTap.jpg

Neil, please convince TPTB of the crucial need for the Tap to headline in '09 the next time they pop round yours for jasmine tea and chocolate hobnobs.

I know they tried to put on a spoof act with Shakey this year - this time theyve gotta do it right.

:lol:

That is all.

Shakey got booed off! He was the worst performer ive ever seen, Glasters or otherwise. A total embarrassment.

If you can honestly tell me you enjoyed it, then, I'm afraid I cannot convince you of the merits of ANYONE. There is literally zero hope for you.

I would prefer to eat out of a longdrop than watch Shakey knock out 40 minutes of his new album in the "club style" again. I also thought the poor sod was totally pissed-up at the time. He was slurring his words like Shane McGowan.

As a couple of lads have pointed out in this thread, Stonehenge at Glastonbury is perfect. As are "Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You", "Flower People", "GSM", "Hell Hole" & the pièce de resistance "Big Bottom".

Other than a reformed Smiths/Roses/Zep/Blur/Talk Talk I cannot think of another more appropriate band than Spinal Tap to play the festival.

Not sure about Spinal Tap as I must be the only person on Earth not to have seen the film, however have to agree about Shaky. I got up early expecting to have a good laugh. Kept listening to him all through the crap of his new album waiting for Green Door. Never came. This was the only act I really felt let down by all weekend. Thought it was only me. Surely the only point of having an act like Shaky on is to have a good dance to all his old hits?

Edited by stutheblue

Not sure about Spinal Tap as I must be the only person on Earth not to have seen the film, however have to agree about Shaky. I got up early expecting to have a good laugh. Kept listening to him all through the crap of his new album waiting for Green Door. Never came. This was the only act I really felt let down by all weekend. Thought it was only me. Surely the only point of having an act like Shaky on is to have a good dance to all his old hits?

• 4 months later...

Shakey was terrible but he took himself too seriously - a fatal mistake. Everybody just wanted the hits including Merry Christmas! - Canadian band Anvil (Old H metal) are so deperate to please the crowd they will play to just a handful of people - they are releasing a doc type film about themselves (still trying to make it) is due to be released soon to the Cinema (which is very good watch something a bit Spinal tap-esque ) They want to play Glastonbury and have an online petition going bless em - I hope their film gets played in the Cinema Field at least!

Tap doing Stonehenge, acoustically from within the Stone Circle would be an unbeatable moment.

Derek is best :

David and Nigel are both like poets you know like Shelley or Byron, or people like that. The two totally distinct types of visionaries, it's like fire and ice, basically, you see and I feel my role in the band, is to be kind of in the middle of that, kind of like lukewarm water, in a sense.

Marty - Do you feel that playing rock'n'roll...music keeps you a child? That is, keeps you in a state of arrested development?

Derek - No...no...no, I feel, it's like, it's more like going, going to a national park, or something, and there's, you know, they preserve the moose...and that's, that's my childhood up there on stage is that moose, you know, and ..

Marty - So, when you're playing you feel like a preserved moose on stage?

Derek - Yeah

And of course the review which could be applied to any Oasis album since the third one ....

Marty - Let's look at some of your reviews : This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth rate of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality a and bad poetry.

Nigel : That's just nit-picking, isn't it.

Derek : You know, we've grown musically... I mean, listen to some of the rubbish we did early on, it was stupid... Now, I mean a song like "Sex Farm", we're taking a sophisticated view of the idea of sex, you know, and music ..... and putting it on a farm.