Any news on 2009 artists yet

Guest marooned

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:;);)

But I've just spent a very convivial evening with a band with a numerical name (look up my earlier posts to find out who). they're about 3/4 of the way through their new album and looking for dates next summer.

Brilliant and hungry what more could you want???

And it's probably another day, but I don't have a picture. Sorry.

• 1 month later...

Well, despite all the financial criticism it's come in for, Larmer Tree has already thrown about 20 names at us - and, I've heard of at least 8 of them!!

Wychwood, however, has chucked us Kissmet and Bellowhead and nowt since....

Come on Young Wychwood Office - stop flicking paper clips at the Office Bimbo and give your audience (well, the 6 twigs who keep this forum alive) some more names.

We arn't all Propert Magnates like Mr.Blue who can afford to buy his tickets willy-nilly, we need some names man...........

Well, despite all the financial criticism it's come in for, Larmer Tree has already thrown about 20 names at us - and, I've heard of at least 8 of them!!

Come on Young Wychwood Office - stop flicking paper clips at the Office Bimbo and give your audience (well, the 6 twigs who keep this forum alive) some more names.

We arn't all Propert Magnates like Mr.Blue who can afford to buy his tickets willy-nilly, we need some names man...........

Indeed - & if The Big Chill, with their event in August, have acquired the likes of Basement Jaxx and Calexico, Wychwood could surely manage to namedrop 3 Daft Monkeys by now :rolleyes:

[Of course, Wychwood will presumably be waiting to stun us at just the right moment.....]

...waited all my life to see Donovan live, and finally saw the poetic genius two years ago at that little Isle of Wight Festival just oop the road.

He was absolute pissshhh - a sad flower-powered juke box only interested in showcasing his Daughter, Sunkissedlotusflower or whatever her name was. She was as tuneful as a redundant vegeburger too.

It's only MY opinion, so I've tried to be kind to a long-time hero! It's amazing how cruel time and a drug fazed memory can be.............

...best change me underpants then!!!!

As you were at our Wedding Masher (univited guest btw) you might remember one of "our songs" was Catch The Wind by the famous one... and therefore he holds a special place in our hearts...and one the occassions we have seen him--that song initiates floods of tears... but i do agree with you in that he does come over a bit sickly...always reminissin about his time with Dylan and Baez and the rest of em... but when he interjected every song with "Can you sing? Can you sing?" I`d had enough--and bracketed him with that twat Harper and his political overtures.

Ah well... friday neet... its curry night.. well actually Thursday neet is curry neet---- but i wasn`t ower well last neet--so its a rollover...so i`d better get the rice on and smear the breasts with tumeric and kaffir leaves..... mmnnnnnn chocolate

den the smearer

we're not all self-employed layabouts who can just drop tools whenever they feel like it and swan off enjoying themselves :rolleyes:

I'll have you know I'm very very poor and have to budget very very carefully to afford any festivals at all. Wychwood are very kind giving an earlybird discount, that way I can buy a ticket and have a beer or two. To a certain extent I don't mind who's on and it's pretty much guaranteed we'll have a great time in Cheltenham, whatever the line-up.

...a drink or two? Yer took most of me Special Pimms Punch you and your lass did.... AND then yer went on a Thimble Wine tasting rampage with that Wine Bus.

No wonder you can afford to buy early bird tickets on the amount of beer money you saved last year.

Why not just be have done with it--and tell me now what yer gonna f**kin steal off me!

Why,yer knaa --some folks..... and that Masher and his Missus Tinz... One Van - One Pan - One Can... the rest SPONGE --then accuse the givers of stealing the wares.

Ar tell yer lad---nivver mind those tent robbers--its the ones who do it in the open you`ve got to be wary of...and not so much as an offer of a loan of a Pissin Pipe.

I despair.

den the Despairer

I'm with you MrBlue - his memory has become much befuddled!!!

I admit to having 2 of his Lidljuices and the wife had a sip or two of his 'suspect' home made wine concoction but, to hear him go on and on and on and on and on about it, you'd think our northern chum had kept Wychwood on it's feet with a one-man soup kitchen. Selective memory syndrome, ask him about his last night 'theft' of a pizza and it'll be 'ah kanna remembur that like' or his crowd surfing antics when, each time he came back to the larmer-wagon, he had a different hat on and an increasingly ugly woman hanging on to him. All the time, his poor wife was becoming pregnanter and pregnanter........

Selective memory syndrome!

p.s it was MancJimmy and his delectable wife (who's name escapes me) who drank him dry -before they jumped in the taxi back to their hotel - some people really rough it at Festivals!!!!

lets get this right (and its keeping this forum going at least)... I didnt steal that pizza--the bloke gave me it as i was the last punter of the weekend. FACT.

Didnt Tinz flake out in front of the stage after having buckets of me Pimms Special?

Yes--I do now recall Blue and Co being real ale twats and not taking me Stella et al.

NOW-- yes-- MancJimmy! Now they did welch into me spirits they did yer bastard!

HOWEVER-- compensation did arrive the next day,when on arrival from their hotel-- the Good Lady did in fact ply me with copious amounts of Frozen Margaritas at 3 guinea a shot--so FPTTL.

Aye--Manc Jimmy--- well at least they came though eh..... "We`re off early to have a look round Cheltenham Town!" eh?? capped off our time with them.

I must point out here as well my friends (Blues being acquintainces at this point mind) --that I am not an Indian Giver-- but if our genorosity is put into question and we are acccused of winching --well I only think it fair that a reposte of some kind is forthcoming.

I mean---we did appreciate the two knotted cardies Tinz sent for baby Hendix in the summer-- but they dont fit him NOW--when its needed and we haven`t received our fuel allowance from the Government yet (coal is short int Narth thee knaas!).

I have had to resort to selling on Ebay... my first attempt.... Authentic Ginger Pubes in a Bag --but they were pulled!

I tell yer-- I`ll do anything for my family at Xmas time (apart from iron. I wont iron.... and neither wil Silke--so we are never a smart family and Jordan is getting fed up with being called a hippy at school).

I must go--I`ve got to down load some photos for the Krauts... Tante Bearbel is on the blower now to Tzsilka... vee av not seeings zee pictures ov zee kint Hendrix. Vat iz Denis doings wizz dee pictures? Vee all must be seeings of zee boy Tzsilka!

OMG!

den

more news defo coming soon. :rolleyes:

eh??? :rolleyes: .... I have no idea what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

They'll be fresh Wychwood news first thing tomorrow, exclusively announced by eFestivals. :lol: