Any news on 2009 artists yet

Guest marooned

I see you've announced next year's dates - MAY 29th to 31st - and indicated there will be discounted tickets available soon.

Well, just to whet our appetites, can you let slip just ONE name for 2009:

does it begin with KULA and end with SHAKER??

----------------------

Edited by marooned

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do know a little bit more now, in that they'll be at least two bands announced (possibly more, I guess it depends if they get firmed up this week).

The two that I know will be announced are not huge names, but they're very much the sorts of bands you'd expect to see at Wychwood, and both have a great reputation with those that know of them. :lol:

I'm not sure exactly when the announcement will be - "later this week" is all I know on the timing. But you'll be able to read about it first exclusively on eFestivals. :P

i do know a little bit more now, in that they'll be at least two bands announced (possibly more, I guess it depends if they get firmed up this week).

The two that I know will be announced are not huge names, but they're very much the sorts of bands you'd expect to see at Wychwood, and both have a great reputation with those that know of them. :(

I'm not sure exactly when the announcement will be - "later this week" is all I know on the timing. But you'll be able to read about it first exclusively on eFestivals. :(

Bellowhead & Kissmet!

Will do nicely. :lol:

Now what's that article doing, implying that we need to get tickets fast or else.....? :D

Kool & The Gang?

Shakin Stevens?

:lol:

Anyone called Gandalf should be considered...... for something :)

Anyone recommended by Den should be highly considered. :lol:

Now here's a request. The lie of the land at this stage is that Mrs T will do but one fest next year. She has enjoyed both Wychwood and Beautiful Days and says it's really a toss up as to which one gets the 'better' line-up.

I like the 2 fests too, but BD currently associates with mud in my head, and so I'm prioritising Wychwood. So the line-up, and specifically, getting it to be 'better' than whatever BD comes up with, is of critical importance. & alas Bellowhead and Kissmet are not her bag. She'd enjoy them when there, but they do not entice. So I asked her what would, and of the artists mentioned, the cheapest would be Willie Nelson. I have my doubts on him being an acceptable price mind.

The other would be Beth Rowley, but she may be too big a current name right now to be affordable.

So really, I guess I'm hoping the Wychwood people can next name some inspiring act that is gonna appeal to someone who was around in the 70s and the 80s in many ways, has a sure-fire good voice, & has had the odd hit.

I don't ask for much, eh? :D

Bellowhead were ace at Stokes Bay - Kissmet, well, still prefer the real thing i.e. Kula Shaker.

Seen the 'turbanned troubadours' 5 too many times, I guess.

Just back from End of the Road - 15 times to Larmer Tree Gardens now, and just seen the best act ever on the Main Stage* - MERCURY REV. That place just cries out for someone to let absolute rip with an electric guitar and, at last, someone did! Come on young 'Wychwood Office'.........

* ...just MY personal opinion - I don't expect too many to share it - nor do I expect to be lynched!

Bellowhead were ace at Stokes Bay - Kissmet, well, still prefer the real thing i.e. Kula Shaker.

Seen the 'turbanned troubadours' 5 too many times, I guess.

Just back from End of the Road - 15 times to Larmer Tree Gardens now, and just seen the best act ever on the Main Stage* - MERCURY REV. That place just cries out for someone to let absolute rip with an electric guitar and, at last, someone did! Come on young 'Wychwood Office'.........

* ...just MY personal opinion - I don't expect too many to share it - nor do I expect to be lynched!

Good shout on Mercury Rev. I'm not a fan as such but have liked what I've heard so far. They are 'Name Band' that would be recognised in my household. Plus IMO, Mercury Rev defo be a major improvement on The Divine Comedy. Don't go mad I'm not dissing The Divine Comedy, they are ok, it's just I think there are much better bands of that ilk.

Gandalf Murphy and The Slambovian Circus as suggested by Den is a good shout too. I know naff all about them but I've now heard many people say great things about them from their performance @ Rhythm Festival.

Even if they do sound like a slowed down/mellow version of Guns and Roses :lol:

Gandalf Murphy...official website - CLICK HERE

Plus any word on The Beetroot Kings a great up & coming band from Mansfield.

Get them booked before they break thru cos they'd be very affordable now. I'm in contact with Dan the Fiddle player if that helps and they have expressed interest to do festivals like yours next year. :lol:

They are kind of in the same vain as The Levs & The Wonderstuff although their music combines several genres and regardless of the fact that I love their sound, more importantly I believe they would suit Wychwood really well.

Live acoustic performance - CLICK HERE

Beetroot Kings...official website - CLICK HERE (inc taster of their tunes)

Enjoy xx ;)

Good shout on Mercury Rev. I'm not a fan as such but have liked what I've heard so far. They are 'Name Band' that would be recognised in my household. Plus IMO, Mercury Rev defo be a major improvement on The Divine Comedy. Don't go mad I'm not dissing The Divine Comedy, they are ok, it's just I think there are much better bands of that ilk.
Edited by timespeedsup

Blackbud should be back on the road in 2009.

Sorry, gonna show my ignorance now, but who are Blackbud? :P Better get myself off to You Tube 'em

• 2 weeks later...