Best small Fest!

Guest xray-specs

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I'm looking for some help. Me and my other half have been biten by the festival bug. So, next summer we want to try a couple of new ones (well new to us). I'm looking for a small (upto say 10,000 peeps), chilled vibe & friendly festival. We live in NW Wales and don't want to travel too far eg Scotland, London/Kent, Norfolk/Suffolk. It's the chilled happy friendly vibe that's most important to us, then things to see & do, with music quality being least important. So, what's your recommendations? Please don't all recommend Shambala, that's are favourate and we'll be there next summer. Anything that's like Shambala would be ideal.

Thanx for your help.

:D

Edited by burnageblue

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I'm looking for some help. Me and my other half have been biten by the festival bug. So, next summer we want to try a couple of new ones (well new to us). I'm looking for a small (upto say 10,000 peeps), chilled vibe & friendly festival. We live in NW Wales and don't want to travel too far eg Scotland, London/Kent, Norfolk/Suffolk. It's the chilled happy friendly vibe that's most important to us, then things to see & do, with music quality being least important. So, what's your recommendations? Please don't all recommend Shambala, that's are favourate and we'll be there next summer. Anything that's like Shambala would be ideal.

Thanx for your help.

:lol:

If you've a spare £45 left, I'd recommend Blissfields. I'd recommend it anyway even if it was more than that as well as it's great value.

A very small festival at 1,250 and this year is going to be sensational, and back at the farm. Plus, for anyone who has been, the site will be very different and there will be treats aplenty.

Plus, the mighty and legendary Super Furry Animals will be playing an absurdly intimate gig for them.

Come to Blissfields if you can one and all. You'll love the other ones too as they are all great too ;)

Mucho amore

Little Chief

x

Blissfields

Some really good advice there from everyone. I'm planning on doing the small festivals this year too as you get so much more for your money and don't get the disappointment of the big corporate ones. Already got End of the Road and Lounge on my list that I have to do.

Got to be bias here and suggest my own. It's in its second year, cheap, great lineup, 3 days, £55 adult weekend including camping. www.sellindgemusicfestival.co.uk

I will certainly be doing a tour this year though!

I'd also like to say thanks for the info so far!

I'd also like to see if anyone can recommend anything that might suit me........

Ideally Yorkshire/Midlands area would be good, but I'm open to any recommendations. I'm also open to pretty much any kind of music.

Also are there any 2 day/1 night festivals in existance? It'd be really handy if I don't have to take an extra day off work!

Thanks in advance.

I'd also like to see if anyone can recommend anything that might suit me........

Ideally Yorkshire/Midlands area would be good, but I'm open to any recommendations. I'm also open to pretty much any kind of music.

Also are there any 2 day/1 night festivals in existance? It'd be really handy if I don't have to take an extra day off work!

Thanks in advance.

In the midlands:

Bearded Theory may 15-17, never been but i just know it's gonna be a goodun!

Off the Tracks may 22-24, slightly smaller than BT but completely ace!

In Yorkshire there's Moor Music and Limetree

I like the look of Farmer Phils Festival in Shropshire :rolleyes:

You can arrive on the friday night if you don't want to take an extra day off work.

Thanks in advance.

Wow, elfweirdigan! That's a coincidence that you should reply because I was looking at your site only the other day and reading some of your blog - most enjoyable! I was also wondering whether to email 'dave' about his lighting rig - I need to be greener. I've applied to beatherder - looks ace so I hope I get on there. Nice to, er, almost meet you ;)

• 2 months later...
Hi,

Thanx for your help.

:D

No good for you this year but Blissfields was back with a bang this past weekend. We're already working on plans/thoughts for next year. We have an amazing audience that makes the festival and we love them for it. Everyone is friendly and you can read any review and they'll say what it's like. It is also genuinely small at 1,250 people. Don't miss out next year :D

Little Chief

Blissfields