Best small Fest!

Guest xray-specs

Hi,

I'm looking for some help. Me and my other half have been biten by the festival bug. So, next summer we want to try a couple of new ones (well new to us). I'm looking for a small (upto say 10,000 peeps), chilled vibe & friendly festival. We live in NW Wales and don't want to travel too far eg Scotland, London/Kent, Norfolk/Suffolk. It's the chilled happy friendly vibe that's most important to us, then things to see & do, with music quality being least important. So, what's your recommendations? Please don't all recommend Shambala, that's are favourate and we'll be there next summer. Anything that's like Shambala would be ideal.

Thanx for your help.

:lol:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi xray'..

I would go for Bearded Theory in Derbyshire,as an early one(May)..t'was really small this year,about 700-800 folk I believe but expanding to a "heady" 1500odd next year.. :lol: (..Check their website,as tickets are on sale in October.. :lol: )

Also Beautiful Days down in Devon is brilliant..(..bit of a trek for you..but we travel down from Shrewsbury and it only takes about 3hrs or so..)

Summer Sundae Weekender in Leicester is my favourite (but I am slightly biased as I live in Leicester) - really interesting musically with smaller comedy and poetry tents.

Wychwood is my second favourite, in Cheltenham.

Both are under 10000 capacity (I think around 8000 each). Both very friendly and laidback, lovely campsites and facilities.

At this point I should like to recommend Stokes Bay! Had a great time with the family down on the coast!

Me too - DEFINITELY WYCHWOOD, WYCHWOOD and WYCHWOOD again!

...AND it's at Cheltenham Racecourse - can't be too far from any part of Wales, can it?

Medina - you showed great restraint in NOT recommending your own festival.............

Never get time to enjoy my own festival! :P

And I really do like Wychwood - it's got all the right ingredients including the wonderful solar-powered 'Groovy Movie' cinema tent where I can fall asleep on the carpet in the early hours with a nice cuppa tea, piece of homemade cake, and music from an obscure but fascinating 1930s movie from the other side of the world... :P

... Until the solar power runs out! :lol:

Hi,

I'm looking for some help. Me and my other half have been biten by the festival bug. So, next summer we want to try a couple of new ones (well new to us). I'm looking for a small (upto say 10,000 peeps), chilled vibe & friendly festival. We live in NW Wales and don't want to travel too far eg Scotland, London/Kent, Norfolk/Suffolk. It's the chilled happy friendly vibe that's most important to us, then things to see & do, with music quality being least important. So, what's your recommendations? Please don't all recommend Shambala, that's are favourate and we'll be there next summer. Anything that's like Shambala would be ideal.

Thanx for your help.

:lol:

Kendal Calling no doubt about it!, 2000 people attended this year (SELL OUT), Its in such a great area, really nice setting etc, Everyone is so friendly, and there was such a good line up this year to name a few (Dizzee Rascal,Dan Le Sac VS Scroobious Pip, Scratch Perverts, Dj Yoda, Glasvegas, Mystery Jets, Super Furry Animals) Plus many more awesome artists!.. And £55 For a ticket jesus you really cant complain, Non of this overpriced food bollocks either!.. Really advise getting yourself down for next year, Id expect another top line up and another awesome festival..

10/10 for kendal calling from me!.

http://www.kendalcalling.co.uk/

Edited by rustyuk

Thanx everyone,

I've asked around on a couple of other sites to and the same festivals keep coming up. So, now I'll have to check for clashes and get onto the earlybird tickets.

Thanx again :rolleyes:

Edited by Harrow Strongbow Ciderman!