Next years headliners.

Guest stephen07

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arn't Reading and DOwnload both ultimately owned by LiveNation? So it's pretty much down to where AC/DC want to play. I'm sure LN would rather them at Download but I'm not convinced they'll be able to get them.

I can't see RATM at Download 09, nor do I think Download would want them after playing R/L less then 12 months before. 2010 perhaps.

Edited by VCK

My predictions are Green Day, Arctic Monkeys and Prodigy for the main stage.

Someone from the NME tour! (someone like Vampire Weekend/Pendulum) with Lostprophets and Chemical Brothers also topping the bill on the NME Stage/Radio 1 stage now its much bigger.

Rancid to headline the Lock Up hopefully on Arctic Monkey and Vampire Weekend day.

Zane Lowe mentioned AC/DC and Green Day, but i cant see it being them. Think Oasis are a banker and will be pushed as the star show of the weekend. Think Green Day are very likely, but i still think they will play Wembley instead. Think it could be ( Leeds)

Friday: Green Day

Saturday: Oasis

Sunday R.E.M

Zane Lowe mentioned AC/DC and Green Day, but i cant see it being them. Think Oasis are a banker and will be pushed as the star show of the weekend. Think Green Day are very likely, but i still think they will play Wembley instead. Think it could be ( Leeds)

Friday: Green Day

Saturday: Oasis

Sunday R.E.M

They don't do a great deal for me personally, but i think Rammstein would be a fantastic headliner, them boys are hilarious and put on a proper show.

I know they aren't big enough but i think The Super Furries would be a brilliant headline act, in the same way that the Flaming Lips are.

Then maybe someone reforming for the sunday night slot, Blur would be great or New Order.

The first two have never headlined reading so would be a good change from Foos, Metallica, Green Day, Offspring etc who just seem to rotate in every few years.

I think it is time the 'spectacle' came back, don't just base headliners on sales, the festival sells out whoever plays these days, soit might as well be a good show.

They don't do a great deal for me personally, but i think Rammstein would be a fantastic headliner, them boys are hilarious and put on a proper show.

I know they aren't big enough but i think The Super Furries would be a brilliant headline act, in the same way that the Flaming Lips are.

Then maybe someone reforming for the sunday night slot, Blur would be great or New Order.

The first two have never headlined reading so would be a good change from Foos, Metallica, Green Day, Offspring etc who just seem to rotate in every few years.

I think it is time the 'spectacle' came back, don't just base headliners on sales, the festival sells out whoever plays these days, soit might as well be a good show.

Marilyn Manson plays every 4 years. As long as their album is out in time I can't see them being left out next year. They played Download on the last album so I think they're likely for the 2nd slot once again. I reckon it might be;

Kings Of Leon

Lostprophets

Arctic Monkeys

Kasabian

AC/DC

Marilyn Manson

I don't reckon Slipknot will be back next near.

Maybe:

Green Day

Lostprophets

Slipknot

Megadeth

Kings Of Leon

Arcade Fire

Weezer

Gossip

Oasis

Kasabian

The Streets

Primal Scream

Sunday would attract more dickheads than ever at Leeds. But I can see something like that happening. Would be hilarious if they put whatever Damon Albarn's new project is as NME headliners on that day. :P

Edited by VCK

I'm pretty sure Oasis said they don't like doing festivals nowadays and would prefer not too, can't see them doing any Festival shows with a new album out but could be a good shout for 2010 once they're coming to the end of touring and the hype machine is dying a bit until their next release. Even then I can only see them going for V festivals doller every time.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Download as well, obviously they want to do the 3 day thing at Donnington again but if that can't happen Neil said they've talked about moving it to non camping venues. If Download became a 1 day event or something with only about 15 acts then Reading and Leeds might have more choice from the metal bands or whatever.

As an early prediction I'd go for something like Kasabian & The Kooks, Linkin Park & Slipknot, Green Day & Lostprophets

The rest of the line-up would suffer due to how expensive those headliners would be. But I'd love to see R.E.M. at Leeds and wouldn't mind seeing Green Day again.

I'm guessing that line-up is Leeds-wise, as Green Day would headline the Sunday at Reading out of those three.