Next years headliners.

Guest stephen07

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least 2 of the headliners will be British as I can't see them booking 3 US headliners again for a while...next year though the world is their oyster as far as headliners go and bands who are coming back with new albums etc......AC/DC, Green Day, Prodigy, Oasis, Kasabian, Arctic Monkeys, The Verve, Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs, Kings Of Leon etc...., ..I could definitely see a AC/DC / Slipknot billing for the Sunday night as Slipknot are bound to come back to make up for cancelling this year..unless download have already knabbed them

i can see AC/DC playing...but that does seem more a download thing. i don't think they'd sell enough tickets to leeds. Arctic Monkeys for the headling slot, Boc Party? some sub-par indie band...

and HOPEFULLY some metal for one of the days again!

to early to tell anyway, need to know whos got new records out, whos making huge comebacks, etc, etc.

only thing im sure of is slipknot will be back.

how about

friday

green day

the offpsring

the streets

saturday

oasis

kasabian

weezer

sunday

ac/dc

lost prophets

slipknot

looks plausible to me

Edited by stephen07

I think Flight of the Conchords will headline one of the tents. Heard them played a few times this weekend and I guess after the success of Tenacious D it'll be welcomed. Maybe headlining Festival Republic stage, or playing near the top of NME or halfway down mainstage?

Edited by fowls

Please none of the following:

Oasis, Kings of leon, Arctic Monkeys, The Verve, Kasabian, Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs, Greenday, Bloc Party, Kooks,

Foo Fighters, Muse.

These are all bands that have either been touring festivals so much i cant get excited anymore or i have no interest in seeing them waste a headline slot.

How about give me some of these bands:

Weezer, AC/DC, Deftones,The Strokes, Slipknot, Prodigy, The Offspring, Aerosmith, Brand New, Basement Jaxx, System of a down, Radiohead, GlassJaw (would settle for head automatica), Postal Service, Beastie Boys, And a soundgarden reform would be nice :P

Edited by Jaybles

ACDC, Artic Monkeys and Kings of Leon. They normally have a smaller headliner to offset the costs of the other do.

I;ve a feeling that Oasis will do IOW and a stadium tour.

Foos i feel will not tour again for at least 18 months Green day i think will do V. I think Weezer are a good bet. Verve prob won;t be around next year, and if they are, i feel are Wireless bound. Prodigy will do creamfields again i reckon. Pendulum third from top on main stage. Slipknot will be thoird from top again.

Please none of the following:

Oasis, Kings of leon, Arctic Monkeys, The Verve, Kasabian, Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs, Greenday, Bloc Party, Kooks,

Foo Fighters, Muse.

These are all bands that have either been touring festivals so much i cant get excited anymore or i have no interest in seeing them waste a headline slot.

How about give me some of these bands:

Weezer, AC/DC, Deftones, Slipknot, Prodigy, The Offspring, Aerosmith, Brand New, Basement Jaxx, System of a down, Radiohead, GlassJaw (would settle for head automatica), Postal Service, Beastie Boys, And a soundgarden reform would be nice :P

My bet for Reading:

FRIDAY

Kings Of Leon

Klaxons

The Charlatans

SATURDAY

Arctic Monkeys

The Strokes

Flaming Lips

SUNDAY

AC/DC

The Offspring

Weezer

NME/Radio 1 Tent is to be headlined by Modest Mouse, [insert really over-hyped blowup band here] and The Streets.

How cool would it be if they could secure Led Zep for Sunday night. I would be so glad I bought my ticket for next year today if that it the case.

I think Oasis are a good bet. The good thing about their w*nkie fans is that they are so blindly devoted to Oasis that they only ever buy day tickets and storm into the arena just before the band come on then sod off. (well that's what they did in 2000 anyway!) Oasis are good value for money though when all's said and done. Just can't stand there hardcore following.

I pray that Kasabian don't headline. The biggest one anthem wonder band the world has ever seen.

Having said all that, this year reminded me again how unimportant the main stage headliners are in the big scheme of things.

How cool would it be if they could secure Led Zep for Sunday night. I would be so glad I bought my ticket for next year today if that it the case.

I think Oasis are a good bet. The good thing about their w*nkie fans is that they are so blindly devoted to Oasis that they only ever buy day tickets and storm into the arena just before the band come on then sod off. (well that's what they did in 2000 anyway!) Oasis are good value for money though when all's said and done. Just can't stand there hardcore following.

I pray that Kasabian don't headline. The biggest one anthem wonder band the world has ever seen.

Having said all that, this year reminded me again how unimportant the main stage headliners are in the big scheme of things.

There really does seem a glut of potential headliners with new albums or still touring for 2009 - Foo Fighters, Muse, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Kasabian, Kings Of Leon, Oasis, Radiohead, Kaisers, The Verve, Arctic Monkeys, Lostprophets The Strokes, Guns N' Roses, Green Day, Rammstein (I can dream :P).

I just don't think you can make an educated guess yet, albeit with so many huge bands around touring I can't see anyone like Kasabian or KoL getting a headliner slot like Franz or Razorlight - I think they were both just 'last resort' headliners.

I'd love to see Slipknot return in next year but can see them headlining Download and then coming back in second in 2010 as one of their last ever UK shows. Suppose they could do both as a Reading Special Guest or something, or just not announced until later like Lostprophets at V. We don't really know what shape or form Download will be in next year what with Donnington still not confirmed.

I really doubt the mainstage headliners will be of any interest to me, can see The Offspring about 4th from top and Deftones taking a high-ish slot which would please me though. Plenty of great bands who might be around too, Coheed and Cambria are due an appearance soon (Lock up headliner please!), Silversun PIckups will have a new album, Brand New too, think the festival will change a bit in line up type next year to be honest.

I reckon they'll deffo be three of:

Kasabian

Arctic Monkeys

The Strokes

Kings Of Leon

My Chemical Romance

R.E.M.

Blur

Radiohead

Green Day

Lostprophets

Guns N Roses

Foo Fighters

Kaiser Chiefs

The Verve

Ideally a reformed Stone Roses would close Leeds 09, but Brown and Squire are still acting like bitchy schoolgirls, so...

Edited by VCK

I reckon they'll deffo be three of:

Kasabian

Arctic Monkeys

The Strokes

Kings Of Leon

My Chemical Romance

R.E.M.

Blur

Radiohead

Green Day

Lostprophets

Guns N Roses

Foo Fighters

Kaiser Chiefs

The Verve

Ideally a reformed Stone Roses would close Leeds 09, but Brown and Squire are still acting like bitchy schoolgirls, so...

Would LOVE: (leeds)

Friday: System of a Down

Saturday: Radiohead (NEVER EVER GOING TO HAPPEN, but still i can wish aha)

Sunday: AC/DC

But will probably be something like foo fighters, green day, arctic monkeys, something unimaginative and boring really, even though i do like the foos, it's just predictable

Other the guns 'n' roses (just to say iv seen them, even though i know they will probably be shit going on recent performances) and radiohead and the strokes.

I would be dissapointed with that lineup.

Do people actually awnt this stuff? i know its alot of good bands, but i mean do people actually want the same bands recycled every couple of years taking turns headlining each festival.