Next years headliners.

Guest stephen07

I didnt get to Leeds this year , went to V for a few diffrent reasons and could i say never again.

I watched what i could on the TV and zane lowe was going on about possible headliners for next year, he said Greenday and AC/DC are both very good posibiltys .

Im kinda hoping for the Arctic Monkeys and Greenday , what does every 1 else think.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking Oasis. I can't see AC/DC and Oasis both headlining though, but I'd've said that about Metallica and Rage this year if someone had suggested it.

Arctic Monkeys I think could also take one of the slots.

A few weeks ago I would have said that AC/DC headlining would be crazy, but the more I think about it the more it just seems to fit.

Don't know about Green Day - I'm thinking it'll be 2010 that they'll be back.

Maybe:

Friday - Arctic Monkeys

Saturday - Oasis / Kasabian

Sunday - AC/DC

AC/DC would be ok I guess, but I'm not particularly fussed. Arctic Monkeys would be the biggest pile of w*nk ever, I'm hoping they'll split soon (especially as their new material is even worse than their older stuff).

Same goes for Oasis really. Shit live band, with shit fans and a shit attitude. The festival would be inundated with their nobhead piss-chucking followers much like V was in 2005.

Personally I think it's about time The Prodigy came back, and perhaps get Radiohead on board too?

I'd be happy if two of the three were The Prodigy or Radiohead anyway.

please not oasis, the place is reasonable free of the last 20's early 30's piss throwing tits that attend their gigs at the moment. we discussed this at camp the other night and said, the following could happen,

Arctic monkeys

Greenday

Daft Punk (more optomistic than anything)

Iron Maiden

we also said Slipknot would come back and make up for this years slot, but im almost certain they'll be offered headlinner at Download.

At least 2 of the headliners will be British as I can't see them booking 3 US headliners again for a while...next year though the world is their oyster as far as headliners go and bands who are coming back with new albums etc......AC/DC, Green Day, Prodigy, Oasis, Kasabian, Arctic Monkeys, The Verve, Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs, Kings Of Leon etc...., ..I could definitely see a AC/DC / Slipknot billing for the Sunday night as Slipknot are bound to come back to make up for cancelling this year..unless download have already knabbed them

Edited by Reading Local

Green Day seems highly likely. They are much more of a Reading/Leeds band than a V one. Slipknot are more likely to headline Download and would not get given headline slot at R/L. Download would love ACDC but R/L can offer more money so I think given how successful booking a more rock-orientated line-up this year has been, they will want them.

Oasis have said they are doing stadium gigs next year, but i think they will do V next year, announcing it after they have sold out Wembley etc.

A big indie band will have to be on the bill, so Arctic Monkeys is probably a fairly good bet.

My dream headliner is System Of A Down. More likely in 2010 though I think.

Isn't it quite likely Download will haver secured Slipknot for a headline slot there next year? Making it less likely they would take a top slot at Reading too? Don't know.

I'm hoping for The Prodigy, I can also keep hoping for Daft Punk and Depeche Mode/Dave Gahan (not that it's any more likely they'll play)

Placebo could have a new album by then for second down on the main stage or tent headliner.

The Hives and Weezer have to play soon as they've both been rumoured each year for the past few years.

Chris Cornell perhaps? Was going to play Download this year before pulling out.

Edited by Calm Like A Bomb

I reckon Radiohead is quite likely. I really hope Arctic Monkeys don't headline, and while I like Oasis I don't think they'd suit download. A high-profiled metal band always seems to headline, so I think AC/DC, Iron Maiden or Slipknot or someone of similarly high profile could be a good bet. Prodigy doesn't sound too farfetched either...

Edited by MattDrake