Thefts

Guest _Faction

It seems the night time thefts were still strong this year. I never heard anything in previous years, but this year when we woke on the Friday morning some people next to this had their bag's stolen and their money taken from them, and the bags dumped.

My tent was fine but some of my friends woke up with the door open, but nothing was gone.

This morning when we were packing and lifted our tent up a girl's bag was under our tent, inside was a mobile and a car key and £1.50. We eventually rang her Dad who said she had to have her car towed from the festival and everything! We're sending her stuff back to him, but it's annoying that they didn't just dump her bag too, instead they put it under our tent! (don't know how I didn't wake up actually, it was right next to where my head was.)

I had £100 stolen from my wallet, and someone else had £50 stolen from hers at night time... They tried to get into her tent again the following night and got a kick in the face.

It totally made me feel unsafe and paranoid for the rest of the weekend, I was lucky enough to have people lend me money, but it's something that you just shouldn't have to deal with. The stewards were brilliant and very understanding...

I didn't have anything stolen, but did go to bed one night only to find someone was in my sleeping bag. I woke him up and he claims to have simply gone into the wrong tent. I don't know how much I believe that because a lot of my stuff had come out of my bag but thankfully nothing had gone missing.

I always sleep with my wallet/phone in my pockets and my head at the door of my tent so if someone does try and get in they'll have to go over the top of me to get at my stuff and they'll wake me up in the process.

Still, it's shit that this has to happen to anyone.

I always sleep with money on me and my bag under my pillow anyway, and the girls next to us who had their money stolen said they usually sleep with it on them too!

I just feel sorry for the girl who's bag we found dumped under our tent when packing away, having to get your Dad to come and tow your car away because your keys have gone would ruin your weekend!

caught 3 lads going in one of ur tent at 5am on thursday morning who gave the old excuse "i thought it was my mates tent"

caught another dodgy old bloke around out tents after the killers asking if we were there for the festival. bit dodgy.

Edited by monkeys_out

Sorry for all those who had stuff nicjed at the festival.

However did anyone actually find some of the decoy tents that the CAT's stalls were advertising???? I was not aware of people having stuff nicked, so thought that may have been a reason why.....?

There was a few random thefts from a group of young lads camped near us...like their valubles where safe but their socks were stolen! Or one welly had gone missing....at one point I thought someone had stolen my make up bag.

All the girls in my tent were lucky, nothing was stolen...although our tent did get a bit ruined!

After getting my bag stollen from my tent last year at Reading while i was sleeping, i decided to share a tent at leeds this time, so we got a 6 man tent! i thought people stealing stuff would be slight be put off by 6 people sleeping in a tent but obviously not...they still came in and stole £110 from my friends wallet, left the change and put her purse back in her bag and never woke any of us...crafty indeed.

• 3 weeks later...

We were in the guest campsite and my mate had his digital camera and a phone stolen while we were on site (probably shouldn't have left them in the tent, although they were well hidden). We were pitched right next to the fence and apparently some scallies had climbed over and were caught thieving from some tents. Even though they were caught he never got the stuff back though. Apparently the police said they hadn't had anything like that (what no camera at all handed in or recovered from the whole weekend?! - yeah right).

-----------------

Kids In Glass Houses

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

my advice is NEVER leave anything valuable in your tent when you're not there, and when sleeping, but valuables in your sleeping bag with you.

however well you think you've hidden stuff in your tent, thieves arent stupid and will find them eventually. some mates of mine had their whole tent turned over... every pocket was rummaged through and even dirty clothes were checked. they didn't have anything valuable in the tent thankfully, but these theives think nothing of going through your dirty pants, so be warned.