What didn't you like about the weekend?

Guest VCK

Getting In.

is it me, or was that alot les complicated in the same situation last year?

we left Nottingham at 10am. thought we'd get there around 12-1pm. got there at 7.30! and that was after ditching the taxi 5 miles away and walking. horrendous.

other than that. Slipknot canceling was terrible, and the mud, jesus, they didn't deal with it well at all. lucky the weather was nice to us mostly and it dried out s i could wear trainers on the sunday and let my blisters breath. ouch.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how inactive the crowd where during rage, had a great spot jus behind the 2nd barrier slightly to the right infront of the sound tent and was just so conservative. Wanted to go absolute apeshit but was afraid of moving too far n missing an awesome song whilst i try n move to within the barrier. Was like c'mon people its f**king RAGE!!!

I didn't like coming home to find that the person who was supposed to look after our family pets didn't do and now one has died.

However actually at Leeds I don't give a toss about the lows there were far too many highs for them to figure.

Some great sets, plenty of random freaks to meet, sun was shining, great camp and ... well lots of other things too.

Oh yes..I was warned not to wear shoes..but i did and promptly got them stuck in the mud on friday..I walked barefoot through it..and it was strangely satisfying feeling it all squishing between my toes.. B)

Now I've scrubbed my feet clean..they're lovely and soft..people pay a fortune for mud treatments..I got one included in my Leeds ticket price!!! :P

The idiot who threw a full can of beer when I was walking from stage to stage and hit me full on the arm. Yes thanks very much for the massive bruise! Seriously if it had hit someone on the head it would have knocked them out! :P

Also the nice big slashes I found on my tent when I got back on sunday night.

Apart from that I enjoyed the weekend even the mud wasn't too bad to say I fell in it on Thursday B)

The mud - meh. Its a field, deal with it. They could have mebbe done with some more metal pathways on the main thoroughfares in the campsite, but when it rains all Wednesday & Thursday there's not a whole lot you can do. Fortunately I thought the arena was okay, and we sat down a lot of the time to watch bands.

The riots - I actually thought it was quieter this year than it has been in the past. I think where we were (border between red & blue) was quite quiet, looking across the valley there were only a few big fires, and Monday morning was less post-apocolyptic than normal I think.

I think the only thing I don't like right now are the general pain in my throat, and all the bumps & bruises from riding down the hill in Blue/Red on a trolley. But they're both kinda my fault!

The price increase on food - you had to pay almost £7 for something that didn't look as if it contained salmonella - understandable, but organisers should decrease price on stall holders.

However, best food very was the Southern Fried Chicken stall at the outside the NME/Radio 1 Tent. They made a fortune out of me with their better than KFC chicken B):D:P

Queues to get into the arena i felt were only bad due to the bus Q, the coach drop-off point and the guest car part all being within spitting distance of the Q for the qristband exchange. However once you managed to get in i thought that it was a better idea than queuing separately for wristband later.

THE MUD SUCKED THE SOLE OFF MY RIGHT WELLIE!!!!

on the way to the meet... battered.. and i just felt it rip off as i was draggin my heel out. Meant i couldnt stay and play at the meet.. gutted... and when i went to get new wellies ... they had nen left!!

Was awful, i was mega stranded for the thursday and friday.. but luckily,, by saturday,, it was alright for trainers..

Also, being sent to brown car park,, queued for about 3 hours...that by the time we got through,, and walked in the pissing rain...it was too busy to camp in white so had to camp in orange again,. boooh.

Just bought my early entry for next yr :P,,, cant buy ticket till i get paid on thursday though B)

I think the campfires should be stopped. Other festivals like Download and T in the Park don't allow it and therefore no one will get hurt as a result and everyone still has a great time. I do enjoy a wee camp fire at night but its obvious whats going to happen with rowdy festival go-ers and fire, and to be honest id rather have no fires than my tent put onto one!!

Yeah also i agree with the main stage sound it was poor. And the massive walks to the arena without anything put down on top of the mud.

Apart from that it was a great weekend.

Edited by steph_89

Mud on the Thursday

Arseholes who burn things, the air was thick with fumes on the Sunday night.

Anyone who camps in any campsite except brown or green and complains about noise and things being open till 6am.

Pussies more concerned with starting fires than getting rowdy down at the stages. Lame crowds at the stages that couldn't mosh or party themselves out of a wet paper bag and yet there was nasty hostility in the campsite? No thanks.

Too many pilled up lightweight knobends.

I think the campfires should be stopped. Other festivals like Download and T in the Park don't allow it and therefore no one will get hurt as a result and everyone still has a great time. I do enjoy a wee camp fire at night but its obvious whats going to happen with rowdy festival go-ers and fire, and to be honest id rather have no fires than my tent put onto one!!
Edited by shungho

• 4 weeks later...

The organisation or lack of it when entering the campsite on wednesday. What was wrong with last year when u could just get in the site, set up camp and take a wander to get your wristband at your leisure instead having to go through that bloody mud tent dragging all your stuff!

Oh and getting so drunk on friday that i can barely remember metallica lol!