Ticket Scams!

Guest RebeccaW

I am a reporter from the BBC looking for people who have been scammed by bogus ticket websites, in particular we want to hear from people who were hoping to go to Reading festival. If you have been the vicitim of a scam then please let us know! Either ring 01189 464200 and ask for Faye, or email faye.harland@bbc.co.uk.

• 11 months later...
Hi I got scammed by readingfestival2009.com when i asked my sister to buy me a ticket and have just realised that this is in fact a scam website and is one of the blacklisted ticket websites by the official reading festival website. I paid £200 for my ticket. I hope there is some way i can get my money back but im not hopeful. I may still go to the festival if my friend sells his to me.

I hope that this website gets closed down for ripping all these people off.

My friend's GF bought a weekend ticket off readingfestival2009, luckily she was a bit suspicious so rang me. I of course informed her to go to the bank immediately and I believe the money wasn't taken out/got refunded to her.

Sorry but now i just laugh at people who get conned by these bogus sites, do your research.....the OFFICIAL Reading/Leeds websites gives a clear list of OFFICIAL places that are selling tickets. Choose not to heed this advice and sorry but its your hard luck, harsh maybe but the festival organisers make it quite clear where to buy from and where not to buy from, it's not that hard to take that advice if you want to guarantee you buy your ticket from a legit source!

Sorry but now i just laugh at people who get conned by these bogus sites, do your research.....the OFFICIAL Reading/Leeds websites gives a clear list of OFFICIAL places that are selling tickets. Choose not to heed this advice and sorry but its your hard luck, harsh maybe but the festival organisers make it quite clear where to buy from and where not to buy from, it's not that hard to take that advice if you want to guarantee you buy your ticket from a legit source!

lol my mate got a ticket frm readingfestival2009 but couldnt cancel the transaction when he realised it was a fake site so gave up and got one frm see in the 2nd batch. Yesterday we get a fone call frm them saying they've got the tticket and do we still want 2 go. he said yeh as i didnt have a ticket and it was a chance. ticket turned up at 1 today royal mail special delivery and its real altho cant verify it for sure. th only difference between this one and the one frm see r tht theres have got their surnames whilst the one i have has got AGENT if anyone can tell me if this is alrite please comment back. I foned fest republic who as normal were dicks and said only security can verify tickkets. glastos system is so much better