your Wychwood Festival 2008 Experience...

Guest eightyOne

did you go to Wychwood Festival 2008?

hello! :lol: so, what was Wychwood 2008 like? did you have a good time? bad time? so-so?

did it live up to your expectations? what was the vibe like?

was it a well designed experience? fancy telling me all about it...?!

my name is eighty0ne (or Joe, if you like) ~ I am an MA student - currently doing some research into UK festival experiences...

I have put together a short survey about Wychwood 2008 and would very much appreciate your input - it shouldn't take more than a cup of tea to complete (if that, depending on how hot you can handle your tea, or how fast your drink it I suppose.. anyway, I digress..)

it would really help to hear your thoughts and opinions & I look forwrad to hearing from you all here [<--- click me, I am a link to the survey - don't worry, I open in a new window]... :rolleyes:

28 QUESTIONS !!!!!!!!!! Worse than the gestapo mate!

Nah, I think I'd rather make another mug of earl grey and watch paint dry

Why are some questions asterixed? Why are there spelling errors? In describing the demographic of the festival is that my general opinion of what I felt it to be or my knowledge of what I know it was? Also, can it be a different colour on different days?
Edited by eightyOne

*gathers his toys from around his pram*

seriously, if anyone can help, that'd be great

Out of interest Mr 69 - just what course are you on that requires you to frequent Music Festivals and their Forums.

I wish it had been about in my day, when we laboured for 4 years on the shop floor, then another year in a Drawing Office - 8 hour day PLUS night school afterwards!! You youngsters - you don't know how lucky you are - don't you watch Historical Dramas like Heartbeat, and see how we struggled with only FIVE coppers in our local cop-shop, to a Jeff Beck soundtrack!

Is it one of those courses that guarantees a degree - then a fruitless slog trying to find employment that uses it - only to end up a jaded, world weary, near alcaholic, near junkie at a festival like Wychwood........waiting for a Jeff Beck tribute band to whisk you back down memory lane!!

Edited by marooned

Oh and.... cheers for using one of our pictures without asking - the copyright police are after you as we speak!!! :O

Out of interest Mr 69 - just what course are you on that requires you to frequent Music Festivals and their Forums.

I wish it had been about in my day, when we laboured for 4 years on the shop floor, then another year in a Drawing Office - 8 hour day PLUS night school afterwards!! You youngsters - you don't know how lucky you are - don't you watch Historical Dramas like Heartbeat, and see how we struggled with only FIVE coppers in our local cop-shop, to a Jeff Beck soundtrack!

Is it one of those courses that guarantees a degree - then a fruitless slog trying to find employment that uses it - only to end up a jaded, world weary, near alcaholic, near junkie at a festival like Wychwood........waiting for a Jeff Beck tribute band to whisk you back down memory lane!!

FYI I am actually studying a post-graduate MA in International Event Management.

I'm not even going to comment on the rest of your post.

(2) a 'girt' big bit of Somerset, a ready audience of folks 'zonked' out on the Glastonbury 'Experience', and a tractor-full of enthusiasm and hard work, god bless 'im! (Very SOFT hands though, when I met him on his farm to watch the eclipse!)

Watching an Eclipse with a soft-handed man-- yer B.A.W thou Masher--- BAW.

den

Me and Michael in the awe-inspiring glory of an eclipse

...'twas one of the highlights of my life - well, until I met this nice mish-mash of Germans and Geordies at Wychwood 2008.

Talk about generousity - they INSISTED I drank every bottle of lager in their Larmerbuggy, plied my wife with some sort of fruit 'n' booze concoction (strangely enough, she DIDN'T keel over at Kate Rusby) and then - Jesus like - the festival samaritan wandered off into the Cheltenham twilight, only to return 'hot foot' and 'hot handed' with a wok full of Vegetable Stir Fry!!!

I have searched the Festival Scene since then, hoping to meet up again with this 'Jimmy Nail Sect' - if anyone can help??........ I believe they raise an orange-man flag whenever one is giving birth!

Perhaps Mr81, Mr69 or MrBlue can supply us with a lead?

Edited by marooned

Me and Michael in the awe-inspiring glory of an eclipse

...'twas one of the highlights of my life - well, until I met this nice mish-mash of Germans and Geordies at Wychwood 2008.

Talk about generousity - they INSISTED I drank every bottle of lager in their Larmerbuggy, plied my wife with some sort of fruit 'n' booze concoction (strangely enough, she DIDN'T keel over at Kate Rusby) and then - Jesus like - the festival samaritan wandered off into the Cheltenham twilight, only to return 'hot foot' and 'hot handed' with a wok full of Vegetable Stir Fry!!!

I have searched the Festival Scene since then, hoping to meet up again with this 'Jimmy Nail Sect' - if anyone can help??........ I believe they raise an orange-man flag whenever one is giving birth!

Perhaps Mr81, Mr69 or MrBlue can supply us with a lead?

did you go to Wychwood Festival 2008?

hello! :( so, what was Wychwood 2008 like? did you have a good time? bad time? so-so?

did it live up to your expectations? what was the vibe like?

was it a well designed experience? fancy telling me all about it...?!

my name is eighty0ne (or Joe, if you like) ~ I am an MA student - currently doing some research into UK festival experiences...

I have put together a short survey about Wychwood 2008 and would very much appreciate your input - it shouldn't take more than a cup of tea to complete (if that, depending on how hot you can handle your tea, or how fast your drink it I suppose.. anyway, I digress..)

it would really help to hear your thoughts and opinions & I look forwrad to hearing from you all here [<--- click me, I am a link to the survey - don't worry, I open in a new window]... :rolleyes:

Innit typical of today's yoof???

Comes on ere with his beggin' bowl, and me and the other twiglets bend over backwards to help him.

Then, he just ups and leaves with his train set, without even a wave goodbye.

It's only our natural good humour, that stops me and The Grate One from becoming cynical old farts!

All those hours slogging away trying to get to grips with Question No.!7, and I'm still not sure about Question 6 part C.......................

Will he ever publish his results, will there be a rivetting book or TV series - I doubt it.