eFestivals Glastonbury World Cup 2009

Guest hogga

This thread is right on the edge now it could decend in to a pit where cheerleader outfits are posted. Could I put in an idear a womans mach england V rest of the world either to start before the other mach or during half time (thus allowing a proper half time where a decent amount of liquid refeshments can be taken on) to be concluded after the other match. We must not forget how dangerous dehydration is we must all think of our health.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea. No mention of half time snacks yet or sports nutrition generally. Used to be some bits of orange in my day. But cider has fruit in it.

Would be honoured to tread the hallowed turf for England if there is room. ;)

After being directed here by Chaze, can I play??!!

I'm a girl, and am actually probably useless at football (it's been so long I don't even know now!) but I can promise some enthusiasm and... umm... I dunno, cakes? Even if I'm crap I'll still run around plenty and won't moan if I get pushed over (or, y'know, when I fall over due to cider and blame the closest person to me :P ). I wanna play!! :P

Also, I'm technically English, but can I play for the rest of the world? I kinda prefer it ;)

If, after some fighting because I admitted I'm probably fantastically crapular, no-one will accept me onto their team, I will settle for a cheerleading position, but only if:

1. There's a routine

2. I get a costume.

:P:(

This thread is right on the edge now it could decend in to a pit where cheerleader outfits are posted. Could I put in an idear a womans mach england V rest of the world either to start before the other mach or during half time (thus allowing a proper half time where a decent amount of liquid refeshments can be taken on) to be concluded after the other match. We must not forget how dangerous dehydration is we must all think of our health.

Yeah, sorry - got excited about costumes for a second there... I retract though, cheerleader outfits are not a good idea, well they might be for Glastonbury but not for this post. So I'll go with the hopefully-not-white t-shirt everyone else in the rest of the world team will be sporting please and thank you.

Do I really have to play in a girl match though? Can we not all just play together? It all seems a bit serious if we're now separating off the girls as not able to play in your game. If that's the case I might just sit at the side and drink cider... (I do very much agree with your point about dehydration!)

Ahhh - is this happening in the morning?! Oh dear, my 'fantastically crapular' status just became confirmed ;)

Sorry, didn't read the whole thread (it's ever so long now!), I thought it was happening at the meet or something I think...

Well I'm sure there will still be plenty of refreshment time anyway - people will definitely need to refuel with their beverage of choice... and sit down in the shade for a bit since it'll be so hot and sunny, right?! ;)

A-ha - I understand now, the travelling time down was referred to by the people not being early risers point... Got it! Thank you!

Anyway, I think I'm just causing confusion now (certainly for myself anyway!) so I'm going to back away from the thread slowly, but I shall be there for the game ;)

Girls are welcome to play. Only thing is, as we have no kits one team will just have to go topless. As I say, girls very welcome to play.

who made you the "have u got a willy monitor" ;)

no fricking way are we having mixed teams and all that, it ends up turning into a complete nightmare!!

sorry angel dont hate me

I don't want to be a party pooper but no cheerleaders please.

Cheerleaders, Mascots, Fireworks, basically pre-match entertainment of any kind should be banned from football. It's dire.

Even worse is playing some booming music over the PA system as the teams run out. Fine if it's the Champions league final but if I hear the theme from the omen getting played, I expect something exciting to happen in the next 20 seconds. If Kilmarnock or St Mirren emerge from the tunnel, it looks a bit shite.

Girls should play as long as they track back, remember to pick someone up at corners, and hold the line.

I don't want to be a party pooper but no cheerleaders please.

Cheerleaders, Mascots, Fireworks, basically pre-match entertainment of any kind should be banned from football. It's dire.

Even worse is playing some booming music over the PA system as the teams run out. Fine if it's the Champions league final but if I hear the theme from the omen getting played, I expect something exciting to happen in the next 20 seconds. If Kilmarnock or St Mirren emerge from the tunnel, it looks a bit shite.

Girls should play as long as they track back, remember to pick someone up at corners, and hold the line.