eFestivals Glastonbury World Cup 2009

Guest hogga

efestworldcupeflyer.png

At the 2008 efestivals meet a few of us (fuelled by drink) attempted to set up a England v Scotland footie game. For one reason or another, mainly a lack of ball, this never happened. So for 2009 we decided to try and organise it properly with a cup and everything. So we are planning an England v Rest of the World game...or whoever turns up.

Edited by hogga

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AS the Self Apointed Captain, id like to Invite ANYONE to join the greatest footballing team ever assembled to win the innaurgaral World Cup.

Apparently the English Team Captain might get distracted if we wear kilts, but thats by the way,

We were Thinking in front of the Pyramid stage, so were nice and close to the Cider Bus, but yeah if you want to join the International team, let me know, it should be a good laugh.

and if no one minds im going to be the goalie, but you can all choose your positions :lol:

Should be a laugh anyway

Hogga

are we using a blow up spidey football, or a normal one, from a newsagent?

Edited by Chazeboy

Yes, bring the FIFA regulation spidey blow up ball Chazeboy. I'll bring another along in case you take your ball and hide like this year. :lol:

Welcome everyone, I'll add you all to the list. As you can see it's not the most serious international game to be played and is mainly a means to get thirsty for the Wednesday meet and have a laugh.

Also if anyone thinks they won't be fit enough to stand still and kick the ball if it comes near them, then spectators are welcome, the noisier the better.

Excellent, i think i might make it a new Superhero, or perhaps sponge bob if i can find one

Yeah Im Rubbish at Footy nowadays, beer put pay to my 15 year old football aspirations, well you know what i mean, yeah if we can get loads of spectators to thatd be cool, bring the flags aswell!!!

Put me down for the English Keeper !

Last time I played in an 11 a side match it was an international against Holland !

I got man of the match !

Do not get too giddy tho - we were playing against touring Dutch Veterans , most of whom were preparing for the match with

lager and smokes in the changing room !

:lol:

Put me down as Rest of World please...honorary Aussie by then. And official flag bearer too!