The Square festival

Guest solitaire

Hi Guys,

We are on Main Stage.

Its 3000 Capacity, Camping is very close to site like a few minutes walk if that. And the beach is accessible as its across the road and down some dunes or something.

Its all looking pretty dandy.!

Lets hope its now Zoo8 though hey.

Organisers seemed screwed on so looking forward to it!

Edited by zenyth

Yup we are going tickets are booked,Borth A Welsh legend tells of a long-ago era prior to an area of Wales - called Cantre'r Gwaelod - disappeared under the waters of Cardigan Bay. The legend has it that, just like parts of the Netherlands, Cantre'r Gwaelod was protected from being swamped by the ocean waters via a series of dykes and dams. One night, a feast was held at Cantre'r Gwaelod and Seithennyn, the man entrusted with the job of staying sober to staff the watchtower that night, let his compatriots down to the effect that the sea breached the defences and the land of Cantre'r Gwaelod was completely drowned.

Only a legend? Well, at particular times of year the lowest tides reveal - on Borth's beach - the stumps and trunks of old, old forests long hidden under the golden sands....

might stay a day or two extra to have a mooch around the place.

Yup we are going tickets are booked,Borth A Welsh legend tells of a long-ago era prior to an area of Wales - called Cantre'r Gwaelod - disappeared under the waters of Cardigan Bay. The legend has it that, just like parts of the Netherlands, Cantre'r Gwaelod was protected from being swamped by the ocean waters via a series of dykes and dams. One night, a feast was held at Cantre'r Gwaelod and Seithennyn, the man entrusted with the job of staying sober to staff the watchtower that night, let his compatriots down to the effect that the sea breached the defences and the land of Cantre'r Gwaelod was completely drowned.

Only a legend? Well, at particular times of year the lowest tides reveal - on Borth's beach - the stumps and trunks of old, old forests long hidden under the golden sands....

might stay a day or two extra to have a mooch around the place.

Hi folks,

I've got my ticket and I'm really looking forward to it.

Another band well worth a look at are GUILE. I believe they are on the main stage on Saturday.

Saw them recently at Katikafest and they stormed it, they were really awesome.

Catch you there. I'll be the one with a pint in my hand!!! :lol:

www.guilemusic.com

Hi folks,

I've got my ticket and I'm really looking forward to it.

Another band well worth a look at are GUILE. I believe they are on the main stage on Saturday.

Saw them recently at Katikafest and they stormed it, they were really awesome.

Catch you there. I'll be the one with a pint in my hand!!! :(

www.guilemusic.com

Look out for new Manchester band Optional Wallace at this festival, they're playing the main stage on the Saturday as far as I know and should knock your socks off. To check them out go to. www.myspace.com/optionalwallace

I'm looking forward to some chaos from Alabama 3 and it promises to be a quality weekend.

Just got this off the Square Festival Website!!

Dear Readers,

The Square festival has a hearing on June 22nd for a premises license. This is no surprise to the organisational team, as we have been working with licensing authorities for the past four months. The reason for the date being so close to the actual event is because of the difficult decisions that were made regarding what should be applied for, and amending the licence to satisfy those relevant authorities.

Over many meetings throughout the last four months, issues have been raised by the Police, environmental department and Network Rail. The Square festival has worked hard to satisfy all those concerns raised, and has been successful to date in meeting the requirements set. The final meeting is to put these concerns, and the methods by which we have dealt with them, before a panel of councillors.

We are very confident that what we have put forward will be accepted. This event has been fathomed over many days, weeks and months, and we take all such issues that music festivals create very seriously. I, Chris Dare am happy to answer any concerns that residents of Borth or others may have regarding our festival.

You may contact me on 07791-441-140 or e-mail me at TheSquareFestival@gmail.com.

I would be willing to arrange meetings face to face, if need be.

Best regards,