Avalon Stage

Guest Flip

I love this stage and the Avalon Cafe! Only got to see Kissmet on the Avalon Stage, who were wonderful as always, but spent a lot of time in the Avalon Cafe where we managed to catch Mik Artistik - I was very chuffed about that as we'd been singing his stuff in the pub during the weekend before Glastonbury! We saw him twice in 2007 and I was secretly hoping he'd be back again.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the big inflatable ceiling decorations were gone. instead there was a massive wicker face. made for a great change.

the stage also seemed to be pointing in a sightly different direction to usual, which was in improvement as you could see into the tent from virtually anywhere in the field. great for lazing on the giant inflatable heart whilst watching acts!

Only saw The Family Mahone there - they were superb. Mark Radcliffe should be the main presenter on the BBC's Glastonbury coverage - got far more wit, personality and knowledge than the rest of them put together. Except Phil Jupitus - he's good too.

Guest Flip
We saw them too! Absolutely brilliant. The tin whistle player is only 16!!! He's just done his GCSEs - my bloke's been teaching him all this year. They were great fun. Hokey Cokey at 11am anyone?! :O

I saw the Handsome Family there. It was absolutely empty. About 30 people there.

Utter travesty, cos they're a tremendous band, great back catalogue and you don't get the chance to see them that often, I thought there's have been a decent turn out for them.

It was one of those things that baffle me really, cos I walked past when Hazel O' Conner was singing some f*ckin' dreadful shite and the place was rammed.

I got a text while it was happening (one of the many my 'friends' felt I needed to receive seeing as I wasn't at Glasto :O Seems Hobos may have the support for the next Levs tour!!

Avalon is definately the best area of the site, always has been. I personally feel they could do a wee bit more to support some of the more politically active bands in this country and give it back the 'edge' if you like but thats not a complaint..

Maybe I'll be back next year :O

Okay, wrong description, maybe not politically active, more just social commentry, bands that are very much up-for-it in a feel-good dance'able way but still manage to have an edge and make a statement. Back to the Planet are a prime example from a few years back (...hmmmm...they have reformed as well :O) and 3DM or Kilnaboy are a great example of a band from now that do the same..

Also, maybe I'm wrong but the global dance element seems to be lower these days..

I sound like I'm complaining and I really don't mean to. The Avalon is a great stage, I'm just interested in the way its evolving..

I saw the Handsome Family there. It was absolutely empty. About 30 people there.

Utter travesty, cos they're a tremendous band, great back catalogue and you don't get the chance to see them that often, I thought there's have been a decent turn out for them.

It was one of those things that baffle me really, cos I walked past when Hazel O' Conner was singing some f*ckin' dreadful shite and the place was rammed.

Ditto, were you with timespeedsup, Deb and I were a bit far gone, can't remember ... :O

You were a bit far gone when I met you earlier that evening at the eFestivals meet! :O

Yep, I was with TimeSpeedsUp but possibly not when you & Debbie met him.

Me & my bro were making our way up from Pama International @ the Leftfield and arrived just in time to catch 3DM.

TSU was well mullered by the time I arrived, and I guess you must of been sitting down if still there, did u & Deb catch the full set for 3DM?

Aah, some happy memories from The Avalon area from this year. :O

We were called The Power Of Wood and I'd only had an hours worth of sleep since Friday morning.... It was great fun though!