Avalon Stage

Guest Flip

Guest Flip

As I didn't go to Glasto this year, just wonderin how my fave place was this year?

Anything different or was the field the same as it was last year?

It seemed the mix of music from the line-up I saw was abit different with slightly more of a pop element (Will Young, Katie Moolah etc..) did that work? I see Will Young was received well by the post about him, fair play!!

Hoping to get back next year, personally I think the Avalon is a lovely stage, always has been and its where we base our festie..

Next year (if any organisers are reading this :lol: ) I'm hoping for Tarantism on at a decent time (c'mon, they deserve an evening slot!!!), Kilnaboy, Mad Dog Mcrea, 3 Daft Monkeys, Justin Sullivan, Peatbogs Faeries, Sickboy, Dirty Revolution, Tragic Roundabout, Hedgerow Crawlers, Bellowhead and Seize The Day...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I didn't go to Glasto this year, just wonderin how my fave place was this year?

Anything different or was the field the same as it was last year?

It seemed the mix of music from the line-up I saw was abit different with slightly more of a pop element (Will Young, Katie Moolah etc..) did that work? I see Will Young was received well by the post about him, fair play!!

Hoping to get back next year, personally I think the Avalon is a lovely stage, always has been and its where we base our festie..

Next year (if any organisers are reading this :lol: ) I'm hoping for Tarantism on at a decent time (c'mon, they deserve an evening slot!!!), Kilnaboy, Mad Dog Mcrea, 3 Daft Monkeys, Justin Sullivan, Peatbogs Faeries, Sickboy, Dirty Revolution, Tragic Roundabout, Hedgerow Crawlers, Bellowhead and Seize The Day...

Didn't seem to be any change to the layout, albeit it Trash City to the east has replaced the Bimble Inn. Enjoyed Hobo Jones very much there, and intended to get back for many others but failed dismally.

Did make the Avalon Cafe on a couple of late nights though, for sets from 3 Daft Monkeys Thursday, and Mark Chadwick & friends Saturday. :lol:

Missed Tarantism performance, and did not get a whiff of 2 Man Ting (were they seriously playing??), FYI re who you recommended in advance, Flip. :lol:

didnt spend a lot of time on the avalon stage but the cafe opposite was awesome all weekend :lol:

Gringo Ska

Mik Artistic

3 Daft Monkeys

Kangaroo Moon

The Johnsons

etc.....

Edited by smog

Didn't seem to be any change to the layout, albeit it Trash City to the east has replaced the Bimble Inn. Enjoyed Hobo Jones very much there, and intended to get back for many others but failed dismally.

Did make the Avalon Cafe on a couple of late nights though, for sets from 3 Daft Monkeys Thursday, and Mark Chadwick & friends Saturday. :lol:

Missed Tarantism performance, and did not get a whiff of 2 Man Ting (were they seriously playing??), FYI re who you recommended in advance, Flip. :lol:

I planned to see Rachel Unthank and the Winterset and the Family Mahone (although I missed the first 5 mins as I was a bit late from taking stuff to the car!). Both were excellent!

Also caught the tail end of Kissmet, and practically the whole of One String Loose who were also great.

I loved it around there, this was my first Glastonbury and I much preferred that side of the site to the big stages, must be my age :lol:

Caught Will Young and a wicked singalong show that people have already discussed. Don't know if it was there last year as I didn't spend so much time there, but the blow up red "blob" was fantastic, many a pear cider was consumed on that in the sunshine.

Saw Hobo Jones & The Junkyard Dogs on friday, who were fantastic fun. Highlights were the crowd singing the "Gordon is a moron" bit from Jilted John, banging on the tea trays, pots and pans they handed out for the last song, and Wino Tyrone whacking a spoon on his electric guitar for American Idiot, then smashing it at the end. Great band!

Also wondered in on Sunday afternoon, to find klezmer/folk from who I later discovered where called 'Rafven'. Not many people, but a large circle was soon formed by the crowd, arms round each others shoulders, which moved in and out, with much kicking of legs. Next song, they threw their mascot, a stuffed toy fox called 'Mustafar' into the crowd, and instructed us to "keep mustafar alive" by throwing him up in the air. Then much crazy dancing.

So, what little I saw at the Avalon was fantastic. I'll definitely be back there next year!

I planned to see Rachel Unthank and the Winterset and the Family Mahone (although I missed the first 5 mins as I was a bit late from taking stuff to the car!). Both were excellent!

Also caught the tail end of Kissmet, and practically the whole of One String Loose who were also great.

I loved it around there, this was my first Glastonbury and I much preferred that side of the site to the big stages, must be my age :lol:

I saw the Handsome Family there. It was absolutely empty. About 30 people there.

Utter travesty, cos they're a tremendous band, great back catalogue and you don't get the chance to see them that often, I thought there's have been a decent turn out for them.

It was one of those things that baffle me really, cos I walked past when Hazel O' Conner was singing some f*ckin' dreadful shite and the place was rammed.

the big inflatable ceiling decorations were gone. instead there was a massive wicker face. made for a great change.

the stage also seemed to be pointing in a sightly different direction to usual, which was in improvement as you could see into the tent from virtually anywhere in the field. great for lazing on the giant inflatable heart whilst watching acts!