Hobo Jones at the Greyhound Thursday night?

Guest Goldfishswan

Does anyone know if Hobo Jones are playing the Greyhound on Thursday?

According to myspace they are but I've just phoned the Greyhound to be told they don't have any band playing that night.

I know that the whole Hobo weekend is a bit of a secret but this is really mysterious!!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=43421852

According to myspace they are but I've just phoned the Greyhound to be told they don't have any band playing that night.

I know that the whole Hobo weekend is a bit of a secret but this is really mysterious!!!

Edited by zydaco

• 2 weeks later...

The greyhound messed us about so much we have found an alterenate venue. We are now playing at the Prospect Inn, Exeter on that day instead.

Sorry to anyone who's booked in at the greyhound already but as they were as useless as a chocolate teapot we had to change the gig.

Sorry once again....

The greyhound messed us about so much we have found an alterenate venue. We are now playing at the Prospect Inn, Exeter on that day instead.

Sorry to anyone who's booked in at the greyhound already but as they were as useless as a chocolate teapot we had to change the gig.

Sorry once again....

Edited by 5co77ie

Hey! We're in Exeter that Thursday evening, the Prospect sounds a fab prospect now!! :lol:

(5co77ie -- we'll be staying at the same hotel as last time, but we should definitely meet up for sure that evening. Won't be arriving til lateish though .... Deb will be driving me from Bristol and I can't get there til about 7:30, then it'll take most of 2 hours to get to Ex).

Edited by William of Walworth

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya people.. should have come hear earlier but had a shed load to do..

Hobo Jones are indeed as miser has mentioned playing the prospect on exeter quayside...

IT IS FREE... However last time this happened with 3 daft monkeys and nuala it was bedlam so get there early...

There will be as long as the weather is good enough an afternoon bbq on the quayside and outside bar (and mark the landlord is spot on.. none of this £3.50 burger lark... but reasonable prices etc)..

There was plans for a band to be supporting but numerous problems, clash of dates, politics, illness and goodness knows what else scuppered that, so there will now be several supporting soloists to entertain us before the main show... these supports are playing for nowt, but there will be collecting boxes on all bars all night so you will be expected to buy them a beer,.. that way at least they get drunk for free...

If anyone needs info on the venue, how to get there, or local accomadation etc check out www.thenightbefore.org.uk

and feel free to spam everyone with the below flyers.....

hoboa4.jpg

NOTE: If there is anyone with a talent for guitar playing/singing blah blah and they want 20 minutes of fame (or more) get in touch with me either here, or by email dave@dimspace.co.uk

Edited by dim

started new one cos this one said greyhound blah blah, and peope in exeter may not look at it and bother reading thinking that it was greyhound., and it wouldnt let me change the header.. :P

a the moment plan roughly is a couple of hours of accoustic solo'ists etc from around 7.00 with hobos after that (but thats up to them when and what time etc).. aiming for an eleven o clock finish, but you know how these things go... if i can find a couple more people to play earlier in the evening then hobos can start later... these things never finish on time :rolleyes:

ive pm'd ya... :(

Dim

Edited by dim

Cool,

I'm Megatraining it down during the afternoon.

Theoretically I should be at the backpacker hostel between 4 and 5 ish. Likely i'll wonder down the Prospect Inn and grab a bite to eat after i'm sorted at the hostel and before everyone gets too wasted! :rolleyes:

I'll be aiming for the 10am bus from St Davids to escot so i'll have to go easy on the otter!

So Hobo Jones and the... sorry, Miser Bill and the Junk Yard Dogs are not headling the festival this year then :D After last years performance in the big tent we were sure they could only go up.

They may have stolen the Lev's thunder though by unofficially opening the festival. Just wish I was going down on Thursday now.

When are you hobos doing a tour of Britain? Don't forget Brizzle :D