Dance Village

Guest crewealexfan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually camp next to the dance village as i love it but this year i moved camp and hardley spent any time there at all. This pissed me off a bit actually cos i know how much i missed. Defineately camping back there again next year. In fact the only time i made it there this year was to find out that i didn't really like system 7 much at all, although i did hear some really cool music on the g-stage before them. I'm not even sure what type of music it was, it sounded very dubby but it was more f**ked up than that.

Didnt really get down there enough but then again I am not a fan of the Dance Village these days...what was wrong with having a 10,000 capacity uber tent I ask?! Too many places to go, bad acoustics, too sweaty and busy in the Dace East bla bla bla. None of the sets that I ventured along to were that impressive...certainly didnt hear any blinding techno from Derrick May and was very disappointed with Zabiela. And this coming from a mainly dance music orientated bod! :P

Only set that really got me going was the Presets...who unsurprisingly when they asked the audience 'are there any Aussies in the house?', pretty much the entire audience raised their hands! :D:lol:

I spent most of the festival in the dance area and loved it as always!

My fave acts were annie mac, atomic hooligan, a skillz, cuban brothers. audio bullys, ozomatli, imperial leisure, example, beardyman

Didnt really get down there enough but then again I am not a fan of the Dance Village these days...what was wrong with having a 10,000 capacity uber tent I ask?! Too many places to go, bad acoustics, too sweaty and busy in the Dace East bla bla bla. None of the sets that I ventured along to were that impressive...certainly didnt hear any blinding techno from Derrick May and was very disappointed with Zabiela. And this coming from a mainly dance music orientated bod! :D
Edited by tilt

sunday - went to watch mostly bands in the day but made sure i made up for missin TC and getting my drum n bass fix with clipz & die they wer class mixing soulful with heavy dnb and finishing with a sweet remix of TC's wheres my money?

watched unkle who i was pretty dissapointed in, i was hoping for ian brown to show up but didnt neither did ian drury. got to the west tent to try and catch a bit of derrick may must have caught last 20 seconds then went to lounge to see kissy sellout, he was ok but prefer his dj sets.

Not normally my thing but I had a good time in the dance village across the weekend.

However, the the most amazing set I saw was some live drum n bass in the Tadpole Tent, Green Futures Field, by a band called Step 13 - that was total aceness. The drummer was unreal, and the hot hot hot hottie singer and the MC were also right on it. Very impressive stuff.

Anyone see Beardyman? He's come a long way from the clips on youtube where he won't keep a song going for very long, trying to throw in more beatboxing tricks. Amazing fat bass and banging drum'n'bass. Amazing considering he doesn't have any samples or synths, just a couple of samplers and effects units - and one microphone.

Favourite set of the weekend. His rendition of the Massive Attack song was jawdropping. Gratitude to theboytaff for recommending him here.

It wasn`t planned but I ended up all evening on the Sunday at the Glade (missing Derrick May which was the only set along with Alex Patterson that I'd really wanted to see) for some stonking trance; not that uplifting crap that calls itself trance; the proper stuff.

Didn't spend too much time in there as years gone by (getting older :lol: ) and after making one helluva of an arse of trying to see Fatboy Slim, we left with tails between our legs.

Basically got East and West mixed up and missed his set.

Booka Shade and Zabeila (I think) were good but by the time we realised our mistake, the FBS tent was too rammed to go near.

Slumped in Pussy Parlour with head in our hands Ally MacLeod 78 style for the rest of the night.

thursday - Skull juice in the igloo, which was moved from the main bit to the outer bit cos of a fire hazard? We were puzzled too :-p then Cut copy were excellent, especially the last tune "hearts on fire" which is just fantastic

Friday - Example on dance lounge was mental, a real highlight

Saturday - Metronomy and xx teens were both very good in dance east. Erol alkan in lock tavern tent = easily the highlight of the weekend. easily.

Sunday - Saw annie briefly in the lounge, left after her first song though ha it was really quiet. first song was chewing gum tho which was the one we wanted to see <_<

(that female MC someone was on about was probably kid sister)

I spent a quite of bit of time in the dance area but I have no idea who I saw/heard I just liked standing in the middle of all the area and listening to all the different beats from all of the stages and see which way the wind takes me.

I tried to see Fat Boy Slim but it was just too packed and I prefere to have a bit of room to dance about in and wander and bounce around with dance music.

Gutted I missed Nicky Holloway, have had some good reports from that.

Anyway not sure but think it was Dance East rather than West on Friday, D & B live band with lady mc/singer who without sounding rude came across and sounded a bit like a bloke. I thought she said they were called Skin or something like that but they don't come up on any searches? Any ideas?