Food

Guest billy_dupee

I did read the first post.....but this guy wants something for nothing !! By all means take tins of beans etc. I was just expressing my preference for buying my food onsite. Don't we have enough to carry ?

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

Having never been to Glastonbury and trying to work out what to do about food I am turing to you all more expereinced festivallers ( I believe this may be a made up word!) for some advice.

From all the posts and info I have read there is a plethora of eateries within Glastonbury which appear to cater for almost all gastronomic needs however, if I wantd to buy a loaf of bread is this possible? or a pint of milk ( i don't think it is free anymore from the farm)? or does everything have to be cooked by the vendor prior to selling?

In other words are there food shops within the site to buy some staples? The motivation for the post is that I am intending to take ready made meals to reduce costs, but am lookin for somehwre to buy fresh bread.

Just spend £10 or £20 on snacks before and then just have £10 to £15 a day for food and you will be fine... treat this as a holiday not a survival mission!

No point in dragging over loads of food you don't end up eating, waste of cash and a bitch to carry!

Take 1kg of wholewheat pasta per person, a few tubes of tomato puree and some mixed herbs. Voila. A bland but filling, healthy, energy filled meal that takes chuff all time or effort to prepare.

Hi All,

Having never been to Glastonbury and trying to work out what to do about food I am turing to you all more expereinced festivallers ( I believe this may be a made up word!) for some advice.

From all the posts and info I have read there is a plethora of eateries within Glastonbury which appear to cater for almost all gastronomic needs however, if I wantd to buy a loaf of bread is this possible? or a pint of milk ( i don't think it is free anymore from the farm)? or does everything have to be cooked by the vendor prior to selling?

In other words are there food shops within the site to buy some staples? The motivation for the post is that I am intending to take ready made meals to reduce costs, but am lookin for somehwre to buy fresh bread.

however, if I wantd to buy a loaf of bread is this possible? or a pint of milk ( i don't think it is free anymore from the farm)?

I generally stumble on the bakery late in the day when there's nothing left, then forget where it was when I need it. But the important thing is, it exists!

There are stalls selling fresh milk, as well as the milk trolley that goes around in the morning.

I think they sell sliced bread at the yellow stalls.