Food

Guest billy_dupee

you can get free food yeah !

to be honest i dont think the fest is all that expensive anyways ! and i tend to eat better there than at home which is good !

take cereal bars and tubes of pringles for a quick fix - better taking tubes cos u can reseal and they wont break in ur bag!

dont wast emoney on drinks liek water jus refil at the taps - its all drinkable :D

xxx

If you have a stove (lots of different camping ones available of various sizes), then you can pretty much take what you want.

Meat will stay fresh for a day or two with a decent cool box, after that you can pick up all sorts of interesting rice and noodle dishes from supermarkets. You can buy tinned hot dogs, not great but will do if you're desperate. Pot noodles are another choice, and quite filling, in fact I think you can buy lots of pot noodle style dishes nowadays. Tinned soup with (stay fresh) bread ...

But, you have to carry it all. My OH went last year and was able to fill himself up at breakfast and then in the evening. It wasn't too expensive, and if you know where to look will be able to find huge portions of food. There was talk on here a while ago about a nacho dish, which was apparently mahoosive!!

:D

I'm planning on taking a stove for cups of tea and good old pot noodles (they do pot noodle type things which is pasta, quite nice actually), cuppa soups probably, some bread, cereal bars and pringles. Then buy anything else there, the food sounds pretty good compared to other festies!

Malt loaf. It's cheap (and the supermarkets often do offers on multiple buys of Soreen), its gooey so you don't have to put anything like butter or jam on it. Mmm, it's great for breakfast, lunch and tea. And midnight feasts. You don't have to cut it, just rip bits off. Oh, and it tastes just as nice even when it's all squished when you've packed something really heavy on top of it. :D

Malt loaf. It's cheap (and the supermarkets often do offers on multiple buys of Soreen), its gooey so you don't have to put anything like butter or jam on it. Mmm, it's great for breakfast, lunch and tea. And midnight feasts. You don't have to cut it, just rip bits off. Oh, and it tastes just as nice even when it's all squished when you've packed something really heavy on top of it. :D

It's all good if it's canned and you can eat it cold...three bean salad, tuna, sardines, pilchards, corned beef, baked beans, sweetcorn, hot dogs you can take primula cheese in a tube to put on ritz crackers (BOGOF at Tesco currently 98p for two boxes) crackers, pringles th elist is endless get shopping!!

I'm sooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's all good if it's canned and you can eat it cold...three bean salad, tuna, sardines, pilchards, corned beef, baked beans, sweetcorn, hot dogs you can take primula cheese in a tube to put on ritz crackers (BOGOF at Tesco currently 98p for two boxes) crackers, pringles th elist is endless get shopping!!

I'm sooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to limit my spending on food whilst im at Glastonbury as i went for the first time in 2005 and spent way too much. What food can i bring that will fill me up and stay alright to eat? And also is there anywhere in the festival where i can get cheap or free food? Thanks
Edited by dvjj